The DEFINITIVE TDK Joker Costume Thread/Project

The ones in the movie seem to be a combo of green and mint or something of the like... Guess we'll have to wait and see.
If they didn't make the screen used ones... I wonder who did... :confused

Question is, are they going to be all green, like the all white version?

I would say yes. When I asked about the braces this was their response:

"We make an elastic pair with diamonds in white and are about to do a green on green version for Bromleys www.classicwardrobe.co.uk"

I did find a web site that sells the correct diamond pattern, but wrong color. I inquired about if they had other colors, so I waiting for a response.

Last edited:
So... It's possible I may have stumbled upon the perfect joker pants.
... In goodwill. (They're a modern brand)....

anyway, i just pulled them out of the washing machine (where I was dying them purple)...

And they look REALLLYYYYYY close.
We'll see what they look like in the morning light. And when I'm more sober, haha.

Are there more than just one kind of collidion? I only ask this because you guys are calling it rigid collidion; dont know if thats the actual name of the substance or just and adjective and there are many more types. Im sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thinking i might need another dye-bath?
IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

Actually if you got that from grey, that's pretty good. They look very blue to me though. What about mixing 2 parts purple with one part red?

I was tempted into throwing a pair of my own pants in a dy bath but I'd die if they didn't come out as I have a pretty nice collection of suits and pants. Guess it's time to hit the second hand stores a bit harder.

I got extremely lucky with my pants though they arent the best fit. I found a pair of purple paints that are pin stripped but have black details to them, basically black pin stripping.

They fit tight because well, they are ladies pants... so i get a nice crotch buldge out of them. However my friend tells me they look like punk pants which i guess works for the joker real well. These will do.

Anyone else notice that the Braces are not hugging his shoulder as they should be?

The elastic braces should be worn tighter than this. Now it could just be loose, or perhaps they were studio made.

They got plain white braces and used an embroidery machine to stitch the diamonds with backing. This would make them a little more ridged and keep the elastic from stretching. No stretchy means, possible loose fit as seen in the only reference photo. But that's just a thought.

(Unfortunately the company that makes/sells the Black/Gray braces did not and will not make them in white/green, I already asked)

On a side note, I just got off the phone with Turnbull and they said they only have 3 Joker ties left

Last edited:
I just got my Joker-ish shoes in the mail today from SoHo Labs.
I have to say that these shoes are amazing.
I ordered them a size larger so that the toe had an extra swoop to it.
The shape and overall look of these shoes are a perfect alternative for Joker shoes.
I know that Indy Magnoli is planning on doing accurate Joker shoes in the near future - his will be quite expensive, but completely accurate.
The SoHo Labs shoes are THE choice for Halloween this year (as most of you know, finding the original Joker shoes is not looking like it's going to happen in time)
I highly recommend these shoes (and don't forget to order them a size larger)

Indy Magnoli is doing a replica tie and I think it is only going to be $60 or something in that area. I have seen his 'progress' pic on this and it looks to be a dead-on accurate replica of the Turnbull tie, right down to the stitching. His ties are supposed to be available in time for Halloween.
Does anyone have a source for the chain??
Also, just for fun, here is what James Franco would look like as the Joker if they picked him to replace Ledger:

francoasJoker.jpg

I just got my Joker-ish shoes in the mail today from SoHo Labs.
I have to say that these shoes are amazing.
I ordered them a size larger so that the toe had an extra swoop to it.
The shape and overall look of these shoes are a perfect alternative for Joker shoes.
I know that Indy Magnoli is planning on doing accurate Joker shoes in the near future - his will be quite expensive, but completely accurate.
The SoHo Labs shoes are THE choice for Halloween this year (as most of you know, finding the original Joker shoes is not looking like it's going to happen in time)
I highly recommend these shoes (and don't forget to order them a size larger)

You've got that right! I own a pair. Fantastic shoes. Very close to the Milan shoes (as far as shape).

Hey fellas. I took some new pics of my Joker costume so far. These are mainly just to show the overcoat. I've just been trying to dial the look of the outfit in, so no makeup on this trial run.

I need some help and opinions on the costume from the members here. I have 2 jackets in these photos. And need to decide which one I will focus my efforts of weathering and button detail, etc. on.

#1 is the Hot Topic coat. Accurate in shape and look. But is the wrong material(cotton) and is a little shorter in length. Plus no lining.

3-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

#2 is my first coat I found at a Goodwill. I've taken it to a tailor to have fitted a little better. Now accurate in overall shape and look(purple wool too!), but the collar and sleeve seams are a little off. This one has a nice lining too, though not the right color.

9-1.jpg

8-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

So, whattya guys think? Which one makes the cut?

And these are just updates to the suit. New vest dyed by me. New shirt and tie. New socks. :)

1-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

10-2.jpg

I still need to find better shoes and gloves. And give everything a good weathering to get a real grimy look. Plus a ton of tiny details(button discrepencies and whatnot). Which are all going to get upated. :)

Overall how's it looking? I just need to work more on makeup. :)

Thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back