The DEFINITIVE TDK Joker Costume Thread/Project

Can I get some thoughts on this? I know it's not GREAT, but it looks passable I think. The pants would be my main concern.

e589_1_sbl.jpg

cb34_1_sbl.jpg

Looks pretty good to me. Far closer than anything I've found (in my price range anyway) so far.

I found some great pants today. Not totaly accurate, but the material and overall look seems dead on. They're navy blue but... they were very close in terms of overall look. "Converse one star" was the brand.

I actually found some perfect pants at the Salvation Army store yesterday. Ahem:
-Fairly form-fitting in the upper legs, flaring out a bit around the shins. I noticed this particular quality of the screen-used pants in the scene when the Joker's truck has been flipped and he slides out onto the ground and kind of stumbles to his feet. In my particular pair, this unusual fit is because they're actually women's pants, heh. :angel Fit me perfectly, though - thanks, metabolism!
-Lighter-than-navy blue with white pinstripes - very little dyeing necessary, if any!
-No waistband, which I believe was one unique thing people here had noticed about the screen-used pants.

I'll take a picture once my camera finishes charging!

Just got a response from the suspender company:

"No, sadly we did not produce the braces for Heath Ledger although I'm getting new colours of the diamond design green will be among them and will forward them as soon as I get them if you are interested."

Well, not the originals, but it'll be darn close!

I also ordered the same shoes Ryusui suggested and they just arrived.

Not accurate, but for the price damn good and close enough.

I know Indy Magnoli is doing some, but until then, these will definitely do you.

Many thanks to you Ryusui for the heads up and the discount code; far cheaper and more accurate than anything I could have found here in Brisbane.

I managed to pick up a blue/grey jacket from eBay last week that also arrived today. The colour and cut look just right; it's a lighter fibre, and I'll have to get the lining changed too.

Only item of clothing I don't have a line on still are the pants. Stupid question; what do people mean when they say they have no waistband? Does that mean that it's a direct line along the trousers, or that it just doesn't have beltloops around the waist? Images to illustrate would be good.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Glad to know I could be of some help, Magnus. I'm in the same boat, no WAY would I find anything even close to the Soho shoes around Maui. This is a very, very limited locale.

I saw an awesome thread somewhere about how they did the scars for the film. They used a process called encapsulated silicon molding. Seems like they apply the mold and the silicon directly to the area so that it sets up directly to the skin with no seem lines.
I don't know if they have to use a glue or something, or whether the silicon will stick on its own or not... I wasn't paying $600 for the online class. :lol

http://www.siliconprosthetics.com/courses.htm

Well I've pretty much tapped out local resources looking for pants. Not sure what my next move should be. At this point tailor seems the way to go, but it's an expensive option.

One item that hasn't been discussed much are the gloves. Has anyone found a source on those yet? There's some interesting details on there that I've not seen replicated on any one glove.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back