The DEFINITIVE TDK Joker Costume Thread/Project

I just picked up a couple bottles of the Rigid Collodion today. I just did these scars. Very easy to work with. I did these w/o ref. pics in about 15 mins. just messin' around. I'd like to make them deeper and a little more defined after seeing the pics I took.

I put the scars thru some rigorous durability tests.:lol I ate chips and salsa, a bowl of cheerios, and drank water from a glass. The scars seemed to really hold up. They barely started to peel at the corners of my mouth, after about an hour and a half with them on. I could've kept it on for longer no problem.

I plan to use this stuff for sure going forward. I know I can make the next scars better with ref. pics and a little time put into it. I think I'll carry the bottle in my pocket for touchups though.

Hope the review helps! I reccomend this stuff for sure. :)

Joker08008.jpg

Joker08004.jpg

Joker08002.jpg

Joker08014.jpg

Joker08013.jpg

So....
I'm not finding a consistent source for the accurate pants fabric :cry
HALP!

Last edited:
Hey guys.

Just wanted to let you know. I ordered my Soho Lab shoes on August 26th. Received a shipment notification on the 29th and just got my shoes in today. I'd say that's some pretty fast service, especially considering the Labor Day weekend.

Now, as I previously stated, these things are not completely screen accurate by any means.
Having said that, I still stand by my claim that these will probably be the best thing you'll find for the money. I usually wear an 8.5 dress shoe, and that's what I ordered. When I first took them out of the box, I immediately noticed how long they were. Not like your typical dress shoe. The "distressed suede" is really well done. These shoes look like the Joker wore them through hell and back, but not so bad that they look like they were found in a dumpster. As mentioned, they're long, and they have the same upturned end like clown shoes. The fit is perfect around my heel. When laced up, they're nice and secure, but not too tight. They feel good to walk around in.

Considering that no current info other than being bought in Milan has surfaced, I'd say go for the Soho Lab Greene Road shoe. I think the coupon code I posted is expired, but try a Google search for "ShoeBuy.com coupon code." I'm certain you'll find something else.

I was just about to post that. :lol

We must visit the same forums. ;)

I wonder if anyone else produces that pattern or if maybe, like the Turnbull & Asser tie, the suspenders were made for the production.

Are you guys ordering your rigid collodion off the internets, or finding it locally?

How was this found out?
There another forum I need to be on ? :lol

Well, I dunno' about Sculptzor, but I caught the link on the SuperHeroHype! forums. There's a joker costume thread in one of the things on the batman section.
Mostly its just people showing off stuff they found that was good enough for them for halloween and junk like that, but occasionaly somebody will post a link to something good... like that one above. :)

Any source for a cheap pair of pants? or vest? I don't want to spend a lot for halloween since there will be lots of drinking going on around me.

Any source for a cheap pair of pants? or vest? I don't want to spend a lot for halloween since there will be lots of drinking going on around me.

Have you considered checking thrift shops? If you find something close and it's not the right color, you can always dye it. Another option if it's an artificial fabric would be fabric paint.

For the shirt I was honestly just considering printing out the pattern on an iron on transfer and ironing it on to the exposed parts of the shirt.

Another option of course is ebay. I've seen some decent copies of the jacket and vest.

I have a pair of blue pinstripe pants I'm considering just dying with some red.

I went ahead and emailed the suspender company; much in the fashion I emailed Turnbull and Asser. Hope they have a reply ready for this sort of question. :lol

I've considered it, but I really just want to find something "out of the box". i emailed some of the asian sellers hoping to find something that would work okay.

I think walmart offers a pair of navy blue pinstriped pants. There was also some suit company I saw online... don't have a link or anything. But they offered purple. Not sure how much though.

I went ahead and emailed the suspender company; much in the fashion I emailed Turnbull and Asser. Hope they have a reply ready for this sort of question.

Here's hoping. :)

Can I get some thoughts on this? I know it's not GREAT, but it looks passable I think. The pants would be my main concern.

e589_1_sbl.jpg

cb34_1_sbl.jpg

I found some great pants today. Not totaly accurate, but the material and overall look seems dead on. They're navy blue but... they were very close in terms of overall look. "Converse one star" was the brand.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back