Metal Gear Solid Props - Guns, Gear and Gadgets

vengecore

This is my first post of my personal props. I Work in the Airsoft Industry and pride my self on my knowledge of firearms both Real and replica. I am a Giant MGS fan and I'd like to share my replicas based on the franchise with the RPF.

Here are 2 of my MGS Replica Airsoft Guns

First my KSC MK23 with LAM and KSC Silencer (SOLD minus Silencer)

3551357737_cc65d986ac.jpg

3551350855_89e250aeae.jpg

And I'd like to introduce my latest project, WE Wilson's Operator. It is essentially a WE TAC 1911. I modded KSC M1911A1 Grips to fit and installed a NineBall (CW) Threaded Barrel for the TM 1911. The Silencer, Which I admit isn't the perfect replica of the in-game model, is a AA the OD Lower is 4 coats of Krylon Camo Green. I have retrofitted a WA Mag Well funnel to fit but the Mag's bumper is to shallow for proper us of the extended well. (Update I have since given the grips a dark Tan drybrush to replicate the look of real wood grips)

PARTS LIST:

External upgrades and Mods:
PDI Delta Hammer ($80)
Nine Ball Clockwise Threaded Outer Barrel for Tokyo Marui M1911 ($72)
Silver 3-hole trigger ($30)
Wilson Combat Mag well for WA Pistol ($50) Modified to fit, one of a kind
Wilson Combat barrel bushing for WA Pistol ($25)
Real Steel Wilson's Long recoil rod ($20)
KWA 1911 grips, dry brushed for wood grain effect.

Internal Upgrades and mods:
PDI M1911A1 6.01 Tight Bore Barrel ($45)
Nine Ball VSR-10 Hop Up Bucking ($20)
Enhanced recoil spring
Shimmed mag seals for better fit

MGS4 Snakes operator by Vengecore, on Flickr

Last edited:
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 Props - Snakes Operator

WELCOME DEAR MGS FAN!
(sorry for the emphasis, but as you can imagine I'm a HUGE fan too...;))

I love the MK23, still my favourite weapon from the game (well, maybe with the railgun!)

But that operator is AWSOME!

I need to upgrade my MGS1 Snake costume and I'm planning a MGS4 Raiden (insane project, I know!), but I'm working also on a solid eye at the moment, I'll post some pics soon:)

I need to upgrade my MGS1 Snake costume and I'm planning a MGS4 Raiden (insane project, I know!), but I'm working also on a solid eye at the moment, I'll post some pics soon:)

Sweet! I want Real time news and sports in a compact eye patch too! (ala David Hayter in the opening movie) Thanks for welcoming me. It'll be interesting to see how you work the visor on the Raiden Helmet. What about the metal Jaw?

Sweet! I want Real time news and sports in a compact eye patch too! (ala David Hayter in the opening movie) Thanks for welcoming me. It'll be interesting to see how you work the visor on the Raiden Helmet. What about the metal Jaw?
For the visor (and all the other "hard" parts) I will need some help, but I would love to vacu-form it while the "eye" parts should be CNC-ed with red LEDs and motorized opening (I have NO IDEA on how to make that, I know only how it should work...:rolleyes)

For the jaw I was thinking at foam rubber or urethane glued directly on my skin;)

So I think I have to mold and cast my head for that...:cool

And here it is the Solid Eye System in his "Sculpey" form... Unfortunately it came out too big... At least for me...
The second pic is how it should be once finished...:)
r299cn.jpg

wbcuon.jpg

I made a CQC knife when snake eater came out. I wish I could find it!
also, in mgs 3, didnt he "cut down" the grip on one side of his colt so he could hold the knife with his gun? Or at least thats why I think he did it, its been so long since I played it.

For the visor (and all the other "hard" parts) I will need some help, but I would love to vacu-form it while the "eye" parts should be CNC-ed with red LEDs and motorized opening (I have NO IDEA on how to make that, I know only how it should work...:rolleyes)

For the jaw I was thinking at foam rubber or urethane glued directly on my skin;)

So I think I have to mold and cast my head for that...:cool

And here it is the Solid Eye System in his "Sculpey" form... Unfortunately it came out too big... At least for me...
The second pic is how it should be once finished...:)
r299cn.jpg

wbcuon.jpg

That is Sweet! are you going to make it hollow? for a led set up?
Also Welcome V.G always good to see more Metal gear fans.:thumbsup

also, in mgs 3, didnt he "cut down" the grip on one side of his colt so he could hold the knife with his gun? Or at least thats why I think he did it, its been so long since I played it.

yeah the 1911 in MGS3 was highly modified. I remember if you contacted Signit when you first got it Snake would go off on how perfectly customized it was.

That is Sweet! are you going to make it hollow? for a led set up?
Also Welcome V.G always good to see more Metal gear fans.:thumbsup

The next one... Yes!
This is really too big to be used, also It will have a foam padding around the eye, and some space inside to keep your eye opened if you want to;)

And in the "business partnership" thread you can see tha Jmtwo is making the stun knife from MGS4 using the illustrator file I've done for it... And is coming up GREAT in my humble opinion:love

Welcome, Vengecore!
I'm diggin' your pics, especially the Caspian Arms one, yeno (hey, I'm only 40 minutes from Hardwick :lol)...

Welcome, Vengecore!
I'm diggin' your pics, especially the Caspian Arms one, yeno (hey, I'm only 40 minutes from Hardwick :lol)...

Thanks! Technically its supposed to be Springfield, but the Airsoft Gun was a Caspian Replica so i Just left the Trades intact. If I really wanted to do it perfect i would have used a dremel to mark up the slide like the in game weapon.

Anybody have the 12" snake figure with the cqc knife? I need to make another one and I need a couple pics of the knife. thanks!

Awesome stuff from everyone! Another huge MGS fan here (well, I absolutely love MGS1 and 2, not so much 3 and 4), it's good to see more MGS fans around.

I'm Sure Ramiel will appreciate this but this Sword looks fairly similar to Raiden's in MGS4. I found really difficult to get a good look at the Sword in-game. I have seen the Medicom RAH 12" toy has the sword from the game but i haven't seen in good pics of it.
uc1184_lrg.jpg

http://www.unitedcutlery.com/products/united/uc1184.html
And I INDEED appreciate!
IT's a little harder to find one here in Italy (but I think I know where to look)... The game one has some (minor) differences (like a saw-like shape near the tip), so or I buy one (and I wouldn't mine another sword in my collection!:D) or I will make one... Still thinking about it...:cool

May I ask you something Vengecore?
You said you work in the airsoft industry... Do you have any resource for broken guns, like just the shell or something?
Because my MK23 look the part, but the suppressor is pure crap!
And I'm having an hard time finding some of the "classic" weapons (like a PSG1 or a FAMAS...:love)

Thanks again for the pic!;):thumbsup

May I ask you something Vengecore?
You said you work in the airsoft industry... Do you have any resource for broken guns, like just the shell or something?
Because my MK23 look the part, but the suppressor is pure crap!
And I'm having an hard time finding some of the "classic" weapons (like a PSG1 or a FAMAS...:love)

Thanks again for the pic!;):thumbsup

We do have broken guns, but they are typically the crappy plastic ones. nothing like a Tokyo Marui. They typically get scrapped for parts and used for warranty repairs. We sell the Marui Mk23, PSG1 and Both versions of the FAMAS, but we don't have any that get returned too often or anything. we do seel a spring loaded FAMAS for about $40 that is often used for props and costuming.

Also the sword had a little bit of a lanyard cord dnagling from the grip. I remebering it flapping in the wind in one of the cutscenes.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back