Your favorite Book Prop

Has anyone done a 9th Gate book lately..?

I still do.

rps20171207_181524.jpg
rps20171207_181504.jpg
rps20171207_181542.jpg
rps20171207_181723.jpg

When I was a child, my mother was a librarian and did some book binding for repairs. I didn't remember this but it must have stuck in my mind, because when I was older, I ended up making a few books for film as well as friends over the years.
Here is one of my favorites, it's from Bram Stoker's Dracula. I acid etched a plates for the printing (which I still have) and also a plate to emboss "Vampyre" into the books cover. In order to do this, I jacked up my 1967 Alfa Spider (sports car) and rested the full weight of the front onto the plate to get the impression deep enough. The hasp was cut from brass and engraved.
BRAM_STOKERS_DRACULA-411.jpgBRAM_STOKERS_DRACULA-412.jpg

I know it's been said a number of times but even being a big reader myself, the only book prop to ever jump out at me and stick in my head as much as the film itself was the necronomicon. I would surrender half of my Star Wars collection for an accurate copy of that book, tanned skin and all. (If the face was to move, I'd give up the whole collection...lol)

I know it's been said a number of times but even being a big reader myself, the only book prop to ever jump out at me and stick in my head as much as the film itself was the necronomicon. I would surrender half of my Star Wars collection for an accurate copy of that book, tanned skin and all. (If the face was to move, I'd give up the whole collection...lol)

IMG_1112.jpg

My favorite also

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back