Fake Tmp Iron Man Armor On Ebay! Beware!

TMP

Sr Member
I thought i posted this....

SCAM ATTEMPT ON EBAY: FAKE ADVERT OF TMP IRONMAN SUIT.

There is a scam attempt going on on ebay with our photos and old item description. photos most likly taken of a forum.

There is a guy who uses our photos and item description.
We only have 2 suits shipped to USA. Its non of these guys.

The item discription is not correct with the materials used on the costume. The suits deliverd to US some of the parts are different from what he / she describes. We upgraded some of the parts.

This clearly tells me that this is all FAKE!
He is using our photos and text from one of the forums.

I am trying to take him down.

Bellow link to auction:

FAKE ADVERTISING/ USE OF OUR PHOTOS!

Last edited by a moderator:
What a piece of...:angry
I'm sending him a couple of questions, and a request for some close-ups pics... Let's see what he will answer...:angry

apparently he was afraid of being publicly busted and having the auction pulled:

The seller ended this listing early to sell to the high bidder(s) at current bid price.

so how does ebay allowing people to just arbitrarily end an auction at the current price keep people from getting scammed?

This seller irritates me
Indeed!

Funny to see what just a couple of questions about the armor (or a request for some close-up pics of the inside of the helmet, never showed by TMP:cool) could do... Uh?

Let's keep an eye on him...

Last edited:
The "Buyer" responded to my message.

Here is his response.

HI, AND THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP, I SUSPECTED HE WAS FRAUDULENT BUT I ASKED HIM TO END THE AUCTION AT FIRST HE DID NOT ENDED IT TELLING ME THIS: This suit is made to order it takes less than two weeks once payment has been confirmed, and the specs for the buyer are received. Also I have no problem shipping this item priority mail, but I cannot end the auction early. My associate and I want to see what the demand of the market is for a suit like this. It took quite a bit of time, but it seems to be all worth it AND THEN HE TOLD ME THIS: After talking with my partner, we thought that, based on your ebay history we would rather ship to you, a trusted ebay buyer and seller rather than an individual with a confirmed address, no longevity, no validity, ect... I will end the auction wit you as the highest bidder. ID LIE TO RIP HIS HEART OUT AS IM A BIG FAN OF THE TMP COSTUME AND IM LOKKING TO PURCHASE ONE, I THANK YOU AGAIN AND ASK YOU IF YOU BY THE WAY COULD TELL THE REAL TMP ABOUT MY INTEREST AND TELL HIM IM WILLING TO PAY UP TO $1800.00 PLUS $200.00 FOR S.H. AND IF YOU COULD POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AS WERE I CAN FIND A WEBSITE OF TMP SO I COULD PURCHASE IT, KIND REGARDS IRAM

Oh Thanks you so much.

If you wanted you can have him contact me if he wants to.
But i am not going to offer it to that low price. We will end production in oktober. As we are in the make of the Civil War version.

Thanks again to all :) I love this place!

The "Buyer" responded to my message.

Here is his response.

HI, AND THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP, I SUSPECTED HE WAS FRAUDULENT BUT I ASKED HIM TO END THE AUCTION AT FIRST HE DID NOT ENDED IT TELLING ME THIS: This suit is made to order it takes less than two weeks once payment has been confirmed, and the specs for the buyer are received. Also I have no problem shipping this item priority mail, but I cannot end the auction early. My associate and I want to see what the demand of the market is for a suit like this. It took quite a bit of time, but it seems to be all worth it AND THEN HE TOLD ME THIS: After talking with my partner, we thought that, based on your ebay history we would rather ship to you, a trusted ebay buyer and seller rather than an individual with a confirmed address, no longevity, no validity, ect... I will end the auction wit you as the highest bidder. ID LIE TO RIP HIS HEART OUT AS IM A BIG FAN OF THE TMP COSTUME AND IM LOKKING TO PURCHASE ONE, I THANK YOU AGAIN AND ASK YOU IF YOU BY THE WAY COULD TELL THE REAL TMP ABOUT MY INTEREST AND TELL HIM IM WILLING TO PAY UP TO $1800.00 PLUS $200.00 FOR S.H. AND IF YOU COULD POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AS WERE I CAN FIND A WEBSITE OF TMP SO I COULD PURCHASE IT, KIND REGARDS IRAM

Oh Thanks you so much.

But i am not going to offer it to that low price. We will end production in oktober. As we are in the make of the Civil War version.

Glad it all worked out! this reminds me of the endless spider-man rip off auctions just a years ago or so i will keep my eyes open.

Oh Thanks you so much.

My Pleasure TMP.

Here is his second reply:

THANKS BRAD, BY THE WAY I WAS BIDDING ON THIS SUIT ITEM # 330252301272 IS HE LEGIT I DO THINK SO BEACUSE OF HIS FEEDBACK MAKING THE HELMET, I KNOW HES NOT THE TMP SUIT BECAUSE OF THE DIMENTIONS OF THE SHOULDDER ARMOR BUT IT LOKS PRETY GOOD, BUT BEFARE I BID AGAING IM WAITING FOR YOU TO CONTACT TMP FOR ME AND I DO APRECIATED THANKS IN ADVANCE IRAM

Do we know if this other auction is lefit or not???

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back