My Iron Man Movie helmet Update page2(another helmet )

" Thanks " Zorg :love:love for your info now I change to upload my pic to photobucket .It beter than geocities but I have new problem while edit my old post ( it can edit but pic not show )
This Mk III damage that not show
Mk3d.jpg
Mk3d-2.jpg

Mk3d-6.jpg

Mk3d-7.jpg

Mk3d-8.jpg

I have pm arsk I will ofer on board or not ! If it have somebody interesting enought I will coust about 300 USD ( finished like pic I can make MkII or Mk III but not Dammage version :sick:sick:sick it very hard )
thanks
kookoo

WOW, I can see the pics now and... WOW:eek
Of course it looks a little too "shiny" (in a good way, I mean;)), but the movie helmet has more a "brushed metal" look... I think you could achieve that effect sanding the surface of the helmet with sandpaper or a metal brush, sanding only in one direction... Anyway,the plated MKII is gorgeous!!!:thumbsup

Wow....these are phenomenal. The Mark 02 isn't accurate though, its not just a simple chrome or repaint, there are a lot of rivets that need to be shown in order to be film accurate:

6839_press01-001.jpg

A small adjustment that if made would really make this shine. Any chance you'll do group runs here on The RPF?

Are the led lights on the inside of the lenses? and then they light up the white area painted? But if the led is on the inside does it not make it bright inside for the eyes and harder to se throug? I been having allot of problems solving this my self to a satisfactory standard for wearing. Whould love to hear your opinion about this.

:thumbsup

Last edited:
Just thought Id say this is one of the best- if not the best- finished pieces Ive seen on here.
Id love to know the methods used if you would share , PM or public ?
Dan.

Are the led lights on the inside of the lenses? and then they light up the white area painted? But if the led is on the inside does it not make it bright inside for the eyes and harder to se throug? I been having allot of problems solving this my self to a satisfactory standard for wearing. Whould love to hear your opinion about this.

:thumbsup
TMP yes LED light behide lenses and light up white area painted ,ans yes it bright inside fore eye a bit harder to see throug in day it clear but in night it a bit bright .I try to solved this problem by put another white plastic behide LED ( between LED and eye )and cut hole on center area for see it better .

Is this wearable? What do the insides look like?

-I

mercureyx yes it wearable I att spong inside area inside about 22.5 cm hight and 18 cm wide I cut to 2 part (cut at back area ) like this

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

and this is my friend ( my co-project ) he weare helmet ,He a bit big head .:lol:lol:lol
IMG_0026.jpg

thanks
kookoo

thats just fabric lined foam, ive seen it at Johanns, but hard to find in black sometimes.

yeah ive seen that foam before but never for sale on its own, it would be pretty handy to be able to source this stuff.

z

Really nice work on this kookoo! Can you fill us in on the build process? What techniques did you use, reference material, and all that?

Also, I've removed a few "want to buy" posts. This is not the Junkyard. If you cannot post in the Junkyard, you will have to wait until you are a full member. This is not a sale thread. Thanks.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back