Anime Weapons

I always wanted a vash pistol ( I know rook use to make one and hope he does so again one day wink wink nudge nudge :lol)

but in the mean time I have on of LaMarchand Ergo Proxy pistols which a nice kit very little cleaning required and turns out beautifully when put together and painted

BlindSquirrel is working away on the new version. :love I'll did up the revised plans we did later.

55320679.jpg

Awesome Finally someone does this :)

I knew he recasted the poseidon kit

I still want one

Rook's stuff is awesome I have one of his Indiana Jones webleys I would love to have one of his vash revolvers as a campaion piece for it

I never could figure out just how that Vash pistol is supposed to work.

It's actually quite an ingenious design. It's based on the firing assembly of the Mateba Unica 6/M2006 in that it fires from the lowest cylinder instead of the traditional position. This, combined with the unique shape and angle of the grip means that the force of each shot is sent directly into the users wrist, reducing muzzle flip consideribly along with the vents on the front.

It's an Autorevolver which means that you can cock the hammer like a single action, however it uses the force of a fired round to cock the hammer and rotate the cylinder, making it 'automatic'. Ontop of that, a spring loaded ejector is fitted into the cylinder, so that when the breach is opened the spent shells are automatically ejected.

Part of why I love the gun is because of the mechanical design and thought that went into it.

The real Mateba's are a swing out cylinder however, like most any modern wheelgun. Still a cool piece of hardware. I'd like to give one a spin at a gun range to see how they handle.

Russ

It's an Autorevolver which means that you can cock the hammer like a single action, however it uses the force of a fired round to cock the hammer and rotate the cylinder, making it 'automatic'. Ontop of that, a spring loaded ejector is fitted into the cylinder, so that when the breach is opened the spent shells are automatically ejected.

Part of why I love the gun is because of the mechanical design and thought that went into it.

I think it's just an old fashioned double action. In a double action you can rotate the cylinder and cock the hammer and fire the gun just by pulling the trigger.

A real auto-revolver, the Webley Fosbery, does exist, however it has a rather distinct look.

If I was going to recreate this gun as a real firearm I'd make it a double action just for simplicity. Plus, I'm pretty sure that's how it was used in the show.

I know this is an old post but hey I want to share :)

It's not perfect but I made a Vash Colt 45 a couple years ago for SDCC. Made the whole thing from Papakura. It weight about 3 to 5 ounces. And it opens. even made the bullet from paper!

028.jpg

029.jpg

I also made Millie Thompson's Gatling Gun. mostly wood, styrene and cardboard tubes. Weighed in at 8 lb.

Gatlingside.jpg

Gatlingback.jpg

Yeah, that's some great work on that sword!!

I still like game the best out of the final fantasy series. :)

That paper Trigun stuff is also impressive I can't work in paper like that.

I just wish the Cosmo Dragoon was larger in size. It's like 1:0.85 scale. :)

I've never been into Final Fantasy, but that sword is bad ass! Nice job!

The Millie "minigun" is great too! Whole lot of talent here!

Russ

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back