Lycra to Latex glue options

Sidewinder

Sr Member
Need to glue some latex pieces to a lycra body stocking for my aliens Bug costume and wondered if anyone here has suggestions for the glue to use, will be a wearable costume.

Thanks

SAS

Oh boy, that could be a problem. The Lycra will stretch as you put it on and the latex is also flexible, thus rendering useless any conventional adhesive. I would suggest some type of rubber cement but I don't know how effective that would be when holding two opposing flexible surfaces together.

How thick are the latex pieces? I mean could you use some "sew 'n' stick" Velcro without deforming the latex parts? I mean standing proud of the suit or velcro "bulges".

I'm going to see my Devcon rep later next week, I'll see if he has any suggestions.

Good luck with this one,
Malc.

Use contact cement in the red can. You have to wrap yourself in wax paper,, NOT plastic then put on the spandex suit. Then trace the area of the rubber piece next to the suit then take it off apply contact cement to both the area its getting glued and the piece itself. Wait for it to get tacky then stick it on. If you have a bodycast to do it on even better. But you have to use wax paper to protect from chemical burms from the contact cement.

How about using liquid latex?

If I recall correctly, a buddy of mine used this for putting together his alien costume.
As it get's somewhat absorbed by the lycra it should hold it all together.
And when it sets, you just have a thin layer of latex, which should stretch fairly well.

Best way to apply is by using a bodycast or mannequin.

th eeisiest thing I have used is Zap A Gap it is a flexable superglue used in movies to put a sups emblem on his lycra suit. If u put the suit on then glue the stuff into place it works. U will have to wear somehting underneath so it doesn't stick to u. It is easy to use BUT don't get in where u don't want it! I actually put my suit on a maniquinne body and glued it and it did fine. Easy.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back