Help Winnie Cooper become Wonder Woman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mverta

Sr Member
Danica McKellar (Winnie Cooper from The Wonder Years) wants to go as an Alex Ross' Wonder Woman for Halloween this year. Since she usually ends up at snotty Hollywood parties, she really wants to do it right. I told her this was the place. Looks to me she'll need a sculpted/casted chest piece in addition to crown and bracelets, other attendant body pieces, and custom boots.

I don't doubt for a second we have the talent here, but I don't immediately know which of us would be interested in helping with which parts! If this sounds like something you'd like to work on, let us know!

_Mike

Bodycasted female type superhero chest
suggestions:
HMS Creative Productions in Burbank MUCHO experience in this (Mike Moore)
DavidRy1 would be another.
I think Mike at HMS would be a good way to go if they have time. He has the female superhero lifecast and sculpting experience and hes local. I think it would depend on his availability right now.

Danica McKellar (Winnie Cooper from The Wonder Years) wants to go as an Alex Ross' Wonder Woman for Halloween this year. Since she usually ends up at snotty Hollywood parties, she really wants to do it right. I told her this was the place. Looks to me she'll need a sculpted/casted chest piece in addition to crown and bracelets, other attendant body pieces, and custom boots.

I don't doubt for a second we have the talent here, but I don't immediately know which of us would be interested in helping with which parts! If this sounds like something you'd like to work on, let us know!

_Mike

_Mike

Can't help on the costume, but tell her I've got a pretty good Solo ANH costume and would be happy to be her date if she wants to wear her Princess Leia outfit again. ;)

Great costume, hard to pull off.
I have been looking for good replicas of her bracelets and Tiara in Alex's style for some time with no luck.
Good luck:thumbsup

I think she's a good match for the costume, but as mentioned it's a damn tough one to pull off and look really tight - the costume's limitations more than the wearer's. Does she want to do a Lynda Carter replica, or just the best WW she can make happen?

I'm working with Sebastían at Action Costumes right now on a Reeve Superman suit replica. They're expensive but in a fair way - as in you get what you pay for and they're not overcharging. It's just professional service and professional product at professional rates. They don't offer a WW now, but they would likely be happy to work with you to do the cloth parts and boots at least. They'll make them tailored to Danica, of course. They're very courteous and helpful and eager to satisfy - Chris King, Guido, and others can attest to this.

As for the chest eagle, the tiara, bracelets, etc., you've got to at least ask Scott/Kropserkel. Maybe he'll be too busy or it won't interest him, but he'd do it best and he'd do it in metal!

Good luck, Mike! Hope it comes out well.

- Douglas

Sorry, Pal. She don't fit the bill.
Oh please. We have costumers who do not fit any bills. We have fat Anakins, short, tall Stormtroopers, short Vaders, moonboot Vaders, and everything else under the sun. It's all in the spirit of the costume.Those costumers have fun, and should be allowed to do so. Hell, the big Star Wars costume group has hundreds of people who do not fit the bill, yet we do not bat an eye at them.

I had to Google who the hell Winnie Cooper was again (I never watched the show and am in my late 30s:p) but I think, aside from her height, she would not look bad at all. Mike, there is a costumer here (I forget her name now) who went as a Ross WW. Her costume is very well put together.

EDIT: Found it. The user's name is KELLDAR.

Last edited:
Custom Boots?
There are already a number of options out there.

Finding a good set of bracelets, and the rest of the outfit won't be so easy.
It should be easy to find a good length of rope that she can wear without chafing herself that you can dye or paint a bright gold, though.

* I have a vested interest on this project. Not only have I always liked Danica, I'm close with members of Dr. Marston's family. **

_Mike

Last edited:
No worries... it's not like they're stolen shots or something :) She knows if you take photos in see-through lingerie, some dude gonna click.

_Mike

_Mike

I'd love to help. The whole thing would be made from scratch...no off the shelf items and all custom to her body frame.

An example of another WIP female costume we're working on currently is in the thread linked below.. it's for one of our coolest Canadian Television Personalities...:)

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=46107

Like I said...love to do this...it's what we do day in and day out.
If there's a way to put us in touch with her just let me know.
Thanks,

David

I can't imagine this costume being to hard to recreate. The major problem is having to be able to check measurements, for example the braclets, which would require the person making the costume to be able to test fit and measure her. Is she aware of what a costume like that requires from a scratch build?

"Alex Ross style" means no scupted rubber in my opinion.

Metal and fabric is the way to go to get the right look and feel.

Wonder_Woman_by_Alex_Ross.JPG
1799417267_fdfa62be6a.jpg
2333743109_b45842901d.jpg

2064882674_08fd38347f_b.jpg

http://www.bamkapow.com/gallery.phtml?gk=22

Nick

I think the metal in real life just looks un-natural and out of place. It just doesn't "flow" like it does in the comics.

I think the metal in real life just looks un-natural and out of place. It just doesn't "flow" like it does in the comics.
Because it is not as form fitting as Ross drew and painted it. It sits higher on the hips and forms right to the bust. The two ladies probably formed it for comfort as opposed to comic accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back