Help Winnie Cooper become Wonder Woman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Man. You're not going to believe that wasn't my idea, but it wasn't. She absolutely LOVED that movie. I dragged her to see it once, and she dragged me back two more times, and wants to see it again. She just digs it. We thought about doing a female Iron Man type thing for her, but she opted for a Wonder Woman thing instead; she's done voice work as Jubilee for Justice League (is that right?) and she just likes the whole strong hot woman thing. I'm not complaining, obviously. I think she has a Tony Stark fantasy, personally :) Hell, if we can have a Leia thing...

_Mike

Had one early on when we were together... she dealt, but didn't like it. I did, though, but it was a small sacrifice with benefits. Now, though, I have an excuse :) Anyway, with my genes it'll take about 3 days :)

_Mike

She'll probably like the goat in context if she's got a thing for RDJ/Stark.

How are you doing the suit? TMP?

It's a collaborative effort, not everyone on the board. I'll let those who are chime in if they want to.

_Mike

On a side note (6 degrees), I told my wife about Danica wanting a Wonder Woman costume and she said she waited on her when she was in Houston at a restaurant called the Strawberry Patch (near the Galleria). I believe it was when she was in the Chuck Norris movie.

She said she was real nice and also real good at math and that she wrote some books.

FB

I love any woman who takes her Halloween costumes seriously !!

MCKELLAR_DANICADATE39-vi.jpg

Ok, sure, X-Men... I really had no idea. I'd never heard of Jubilee. Come to think of it, I'm not sure which superhero belongs to which...

_Mike

Speaking of which, of all the silly series to hit DVD, how come The Wonder Years hasn't come to DVD/blue Ray ? I have been waiting on that forever ! That's the show I grew up with...

It's because of music licensing issues, as I recall. There's a lot of source music in the show and it's prohibitively expensive to get licensing for the release for all them. I think that's what she said... it comes up every once in awhile...

_Mike

That's right - a lot of TV shows on DVD have the original as-aired music swapped out, and the Wonder Years was simply too saturated with period music to do the same. The music is everywhere and is often very intrinsically tied to the scenes. Buying the rights to everything again would be prohibitively expensive.

I hope this doesn't prohibit the show EVER coming to DVD/BR - It was one of the most well done shows ever and the ending was one of the better endings to a series I have ever seen. Big fan here, obviously.

Well, if "Miami Vice" could be released, I'm sure "The Wonder Years" will some day

Hi _Mike

If I can venture into a possibly intrusive area...?

I'd love to know how you know her. You know - so that I can say:

"You know Winnie from The Wonder Years?, Well, a guy that posts on our prop forum...."

It'd make me look cool to non-prop believers and is a superb addition to:

"You know the ginger one with glasses off Mythbusters? Well he's a member on our prop forum!".

How's the search for the costume coming along anyway?

Draven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back