Help Winnie Cooper become Wonder Woman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It needs to be designed more like how they did the Xena costumes or similiar to Roman soldiers. It can be done without looking cheesy.

Scott

I looked her up to see if she could pull it off and YES! She could.

Damn! she looks real good and has a similar look to Lynda Carter.

FB

1799417267_fdfa62be6a.jpg

http://www.bamkapow.com/gallery.phtml?gk=22

Nick

That's me - my husband (CGClone here) did the metal pieces for me, and it wasn't the easiest thing to work with and it's not very comfortable. He has been wanting to try another route to make something more form-fitting.
I'm sure somebody out there could get the metal to work right, but as I said, it's not the easiest thing to wear!

What is her Hight, Waist and chest size?

My advice is to wear a corsett thats a bit solid and firm. Then the armor is layerd on top.
With the armor on this coresett it will not lose its shape. Coresett is no comfortable to wear anyway..... ermm ... How do i know..

Well...
Anyway... I belive she can fit any superheroine costume with the figure she got.

Last edited:
I would suggest not going the sculpted route. David does outstanding work, but for this, I think it would be overkill. One of the best WW outfits I have seen was done just like Mr Ross did when he dressed his models while doing Kingdom Come. Gold Mylar over formed sintra. As a matter of fact, one of my friends made one friend of his. Lightweight, inexpensive and it looks great.

wwca6.jpg

There's some great spandex vendors that can make the soft parts and the regullar store bought WW boots will set it off great. If you want, I can put you in contact with him, but I'd prefer to do that via PM, so hit me up if you want his info.

Wes

I notice none of these have the proportions of the gold bits quite right - the waist bands are always too thick making it look a bit clunky. In any case, great ideas and guidance; thanks so much everyone!

_Mike

I notice none of these have the proportions of the gold bits quite right - the waist bands are always too thick making it look a bit clunky. In any case, great ideas and guidance; thanks so much everyone!

_Mike
Too thick and ride too low. If you look at Ross' work, the gold waistband rides pretty much over the hips from the bottom and almost to the ribs at the top.

They're not all the same if you look at his various drawings, but I definitely think the thinner waist band is better. Ultimately, it's got to look good on her, proportions-wise.

_Mike

Oh please. We have costumers who do not fit any bills. We have fat Anakins, short, tall Stormtroopers, short Vaders, moonboot Vaders, and everything else under the sun. It's all in the spirit of the costume.Those costumers have fun, and should be allowed to do so. Hell, the big Star Wars costume group has hundreds of people who do not fit the bill, yet we do not bat an eye at them.

Well I think there might be some call for some 'ehancement' of the costume. Wonder Woman is a solidly built big girl, and I'm not talking about her height.

What is her Hight, Waist and chest size?

My advice is to wear a corsett thats a bit solid and firm. Then the armor is layerd on top.
With the armor on this coresett it will not lose its shape. Coresett is no comfortable to wear anyway..... ermm ... How do i know..

Well...
Anyway... I belive she can fit any superheroine costume with the figure she got.

I have to agree with TMP. A corset would definitely help get the shape and keep the armor in place better than a spandex top. I realize they are a bit constricting. Perhaps a "broadway corset" that is made of a stretch twill or stretch satin. Not as pliable as spandex, but will give. I have a couple connections with this. One of my dear friends works with Romantasy from time to time and is one of the foremost corset experts in the country.

I would suggest not going the sculpted route. David does outstanding work, but for this, I think it would be overkill. One of the best WW outfits I have seen was done just like Mr Ross did when he dressed his models while doing Kingdom Come. Gold Mylar over formed sintra. As a matter of fact, one of my friends made one friend of his. Lightweight, inexpensive and it looks great.

wwca6.jpg

There's some great spandex vendors that can make the soft parts and the regullar store bought WW boots will set it off great. If you want, I can put you in contact with him, but I'd prefer to do that via PM, so hit me up if you want his info.

Wes

Shapewise, I think this is the best one I've seen. The mylar coating is a bit suspects in places, but this looks like a good lead. Perhaps a C3PO paintjob (can't remember what it's called.. Vacuum Metalizing??? ) on a vac formed piece?

When I built Kelldars Alex Ross standard Wonder Woman, its built out of sheet brass over a very solid red leather/pleather corset. It velcros on. I did the best I could with what I had at the time.

Getting the angles down is the trick IMO. Alex Ross uses a model for his WW drawings and she is a very solid lady, very athletic, my wife is very petite, so I had to make an interpretation.

The gold mylar looks great, but its on a mannequin, my fear is the scratching and tearing once its worn in real life...

I'd love to help. The whole thing would be made from scratch...no off the shelf items and all custom to her body frame.

An example of another WIP female costume we're working on currently is in the thread linked below.. it's for one of our coolest Canadian Television Personalities...:)

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=46107

Like I said...love to do this...it's what we do day in and day out.
If there's a way to put us in touch with her just let me know.
Thanks,

David

I can only assume that's going on Liana K :love

Is Danica wanting to do WW in bikini shorts, or the panel skirt from Kingdom Come?

Personally, I'm a big fan of the skirt design.

ww.jpg

Sorry, Pal. She don't fit the bill.

Oh please... while she may not have the traditional "Amazon" build I think she can to ok.

Besides, if I have to have my retinas scarred by heavyset girls doing Wash at cons, along with guys the size of a pipecleaner doing Jayne, she'll do fine.

Sorry, she voted down the skirt version. :) We both felt it was trying a little too hard... Anyway, that was our read.

_Mike

Wow, I think she'd be a very hot WW! I'd love to see her as a slave Leia someday, too... LOL.

If I can help out somehow with sculpting, molding or casting, please let me know.

Yeah, we were going to do Han and slave Leia once, but we'd already done stormtrooper and ANH Leia, so... we just never followed through. At these snotty Hollywood things you don't want to do the same thing twice, you know... God forbid. :rolleyes

_Mike

You'll probably have much better luck (and a MUCH more supportive/sympathetic crowd) over at "The League of Heroes", a forum dedictated to nothing but superhero costuming.

This exact costume has been executed a number of times, with stunning results by a number of active members of that forum, a couple of which are pictured in this thread. There's a user named Miracole who is very passionate about Wonder Woman, and would probably be your number one starting place.

LOH is a VERY inclusive forum, where they spend more time encouraging new users who may lack the experience and physical prowess that some other users might have. A great bunch of people who are very friendly, and quick to offer advice and inspiration.

http://theleagueofheroes.yuku.com/

Great resource, thanks! Actually, RPF has come through - as usual - with flying colors in terms of support and help, just a lot through email and PM, but knowledge is power, and we'll check this out post-haste.

Thanks again, so much.

_Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back