Screen used V shuttles

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vaderman @ Mar 16 2007, 04:35 PM) [snapback]1441942[/snapback]</div>
I have this little replica, which I love.
[/b]

And a very nice replica it is at that. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Did you do it? Care to share any other shots of it. I look back on the show now and see it as so cheesy but I do remember enjoying it in it's day. :D

I actually have a casting of an original V Fighter given to me by Don Pennington who made many of the original models for the Show (I have pics of him from back in the 80s at his workbench making them). He gave me a set of the blueprints which I have somewhere in my garage. He's a great guy and one of the few people to work on four Cameron movies. He build the brain chip/endo skull interior for T2, the full-sized submersibles for Abyss, the full sized Harrier for True Lies and the large scale 60ft breakable section of the Titanic.

I'll post a pick of my casting when I get a chance.

Gary

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SurferGeek @ Mar 17 2007, 02:48 PM) [snapback]1442253[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vaderman @ Mar 16 2007, 04:35 PM) [snapback]1441942[/snapback]
I have this little replica, which I love.
[/b]

And a very nice replica it is at that. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Did you do it? Care to share any other shots of it. I look back on the show now and see it as so cheesy but I do remember enjoying it in it's day. :D
[/b][/quote]

It was made by the model makers as a wrap party gift for certain cast and crew members. I am holding on to it for a friend.

[attachmentid=13174]
[attachmentid=13175]
So you can see the scale, this is next to a quarter...
[attachmentid=13176]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ShockTrooper @ Mar 16 2007, 02:31 PM) [snapback]1441675[/snapback]</div>
Hi all.

I am trying to build a visitor transport and tanker based on the SMT kit.I would like to know the measures of these shuttles.

Any good pics?.Any help?

Thanks.
[/b]

My understanding is the transport is around 15 inches long and just under 9inches wide.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back