He got a BOB-OMB!!!

Contec

Master Member
I love Super Mario Bros but the movie was a little :thumbsdown. However they made the little Bob-omb appear just as it looks in the game.
I have tried to find a wind up toy that i could mod to a screen accurate version but had no luck.

Here it is : Bob-omb
p1010157cj6.jpg

p1010159er7.jpg

p1010156cu7.jpg

The movie version
ss_smbmovie-dvd_04.jpg

He is made from a round toy container and some styrene pieces and bondo, and a little metal wire for the fuse.
Later i might add the Reebok text and English flagg that he has under his shoes.
/Conny

Edit:Changed the name to the correct one.

Last edited:
Re: He got a BO-BOMB!!!

Nice job.
If i'm not mistaken, I think we used a wind "fry guy" from an old McDonalds Happy Meal as the base.

TUTORIAL, PLEASE?!:thumbsup

He is made from a round toy container that you can get from those machines in some stores. I cut a opening in the bottom with my Dremel and then cut a round piece of styrene to sit inside it as a "floor" I glued it to the bottom.
I glued the spheres together with superglue and used bondo to fill the seams,
sanded and bondo again until it was smooth.
The wind-up key was made from a styrene pipe and styrene sheet, cut an glue.
The shoes/legs were made from bondo and styrene. First cut the sole of the shoe from styrene, then glue the styrene pipe as legs onto it. Put some bondo on top and use the Dremel to shape it to feet.

The Top round part was a pen cap that i filled with bondo and drilled a hole into for the fuse, which is a metal wire that i painted black.
Eyes were made from styrene.

Thats pretty much it.. ask if you wanna know some more.

/Conny

They offer these little guys at party stores too. I was playing with them. I think they came in boxes of 12 or something along those lines.

I think they were called, "Da Bomb", or something to that effect. The only problem is that they came in all different colors: pink, orange, yellow, grean, blue, etc.

-arwa

They offer these little guys at party stores too. I was playing with them. I think they came in boxes of 12 or something along those lines.

I think they were called, "Da Bomb", or something to that effect. The only problem is that they came in all different colors: pink, orange, yellow, grean, blue, etc.

-arwa

Aaaah, that could be a way to get away with the copyrights, They look almost alike but have some diffrent details.:lol

Now that is too cool! Love the game, and have always gotten a kick out of Bob-Omb. Now I'm gonna have to hit TRU and see if I can find this little guy:lol

Every reference I've EVER seen to this thing it was called a Bomb-omb.

Very nice little prop there, I may make myself one as well.

Every reference I've EVER seen to this thing it was called a Bomb-omb.

Very nice little prop there, I may make myself one as well.

From the trophies in Super Smash Bros Melee:

bob-omb.jpg

From the end of Super Mario Bros 2, which is Bob-Omb's debut:

bob-omb.png

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back