1:1 DARTH MAUL BUST (GINO - Cyberman Project) !!!!

Cyberman

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi Guys,

After tinkering on with this, my very first lifesized human head sculpt, for quite some time, I feel I'm now in a position to reveal this badass character to you guys! As you can see hes missing some horns which will be added after I've cast the first head. The look is based upon the expression when Maul was staring menancingly at his two Jedi rivals, in TPM.

I'd like to thank Gino for his massive input into this sculpt and all the efforts in mentoring this from start to finish. His single minded drive to get the head realised in this form made it a pleasure to work on:cheers

As is usually the case on this forum I welcome your comments and feedback and should you have any questions relating to this piece please feel free to PM me.

Cheers

Phil

Last edited:
Re: DARTH MAUL (Head Sculpt) Revealed!!!!

Are you saying you sculpted this from a pile of clay and some orange-peel? :eek

Man, that looks even more realistic than Ray Park himself!
Awsome work!!! :thumbsup

That is your first attempt at a head sculpt? HOLY COW. It looks like a lifecast of him . Likeness is GREAT.

That is incredible! superb likeness, the texture detail... amazing work! Are you sure this wasnt cast from life? speachless...

Last edited:

Based on your recent work, Steve, I can't wait to see what you can do with any of my future bust :eek

Phil

Last edited:

This is absolutely incredible, and I know exactly what expression you're referring to, as I was watching TPM the other night, and that expression was fresh in my mind. It struck me more than ever that he wasn't snarling or baring his teeth like in the Gentle Giant bust. He was looking at the two Jedi with such utter contempt that the simple closed-lip expression was all that more potent....

... and quite effectively captured in this sculpt. Well done!!! :thumbsup

holy cow, the best likeness on a 1/1 bust yet, blows the sideshow one away, when one of these is painted up with horns and glass eyes it is going to be phenomenally good, great work as ever, prob even better than your Yoda:love

Cyberman, you've really captured his menacing...ahem, no pun intended...expression.

Two thumbs way up!! :thumbsup :thumbsup

The Wook

I couldn't resist... I had to do a pre-viz to see what it would look like if it were painted. (Not trying to steal your thunder. You deserve the credit.)

cyberman_colorized.jpg

IMHO, this is going to look astounding.

Wonderful job Phil! How do you accomplish your skin texture- pore, tiny wrinkles, etc.?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back