1:1 DARTH MAUL BUST (GINO - Cyberman Project) !!!!

Re: 1:1 DARTH MAUL BUST (Revealed) !!!!

What a brazen d*bag this guy is. Sorry to hear about that Phil. I've bought a few of Howard's resin busts and I'm sad that he's resigning himself to no longer sell resin to protect himself (I simply can't afford silicone). While I'll be equally sorry if you eventually go that route too, I completely understand.

Members, we need to flush these guys out and get em' the heck outta Dodge.

If he got this bust, which in the auction he claims he purchased during the original run, this really would make me think he is a member here.

What a brazen d*bag this guy is. Sorry to hear about that Phil. I've bought a few of Howard's resin busts and I'm sad that he's resigning himself to no longer sell resin to protect himself (I simply can't afford silicone). While I'll be equally sorry if you eventually go that route too, I completely understand.

Members, we need to flush these guys out and get em' the heck outta Dodge.

Unfortunately these types of guys are killing off the enthusiam as basically they're making money off my hard work and dare I say skills.

I reported it to ebay as a Stolen intellectual property. Hopefully that'll stop him.

That sucks Phil.

Howard and Mike Hill have moved exclusively towards silicone which sucks to collectors like me who love collecting pieces in this scale but find the silicone pieces to be just a bit out of their price range.

sorry to hear he got hold of one, its the best maul bust by far.

i hardly sell anything anymore, my recasting "friends" seem to handle it for me.

So this guy obviously gets his props from RPF. Any way to corroborate transaction data and figure out who he is?

So this guy obviously gets his props from RPF. Any way to corroborate transaction data and figure out who he is?

Well he's from Southern Cali. He has a imageshack page. They require sign up now to upload images.

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/fan_made

Keep digging and pay attention to what he has. If he sells something that was sold in smaller numbers. It might be easier to figure out who he is.

Back in May of 2008 I bought a copy of JRX's Obi Wan Kenobi bust from an ebay seller named "thingsngifts".

The bust was a horrible recast.

The seller used pictures similar to the ones used in the auction for Phil's Darth Maul. Three pics - right side, profile, left side pics. This bust was shipped out of West Covina, CA. Looking back at my paypal records the sellers name was: Ana Zavala

To this day I still see auctions for recasted busts using the same kind of pics - side/profile/side pics. Are these all being sold by the same seller?

Hopefully the above info helps out ...

Hey thanks to those who've mailed me in support and passed on useful information about this props pimp... something serious is gonna happen to this guy... watch this space.:love

This is the reply I got from this freak....

"Hey Phil, I dont care about the RPF and dont care about your feelings. I bought this thing that you sculpted/casted and now you are going to try to stop me from selling it?? I did not recast it cuz the market is soft on maul and I know who you are mate, plain and simple! I just want to dump it to get my cash back on it. So please save your threats. If you look at any of my auctions this is the only one that says it is an ORIGINAL. Recasters collect stuff to you know.

- fan_made"

Check out this ebay response... Message from EBAY

Last edited:

"I just want to dump it to get my cash back on it."

"and then make copies from the mold i made" was a bit he missed out

If you view his transaction history, it may reveal how many Maul busts he's sold to date.

I've been keeping an eye on his auctions ever since his name popped up on here a few months back. This is the first I have seen of him selling Maul. He's also added a ROTJ Fett blaster, but I don't know if that is someone here's work.

My question, and I mean no offense here Phil, is this: Is eBay letting you claim the sculpt as intellectual property? If so, that is kick ass. It would mean sculptors may have a means to finally stop these recasting d-bags and their shenanigans.

My question, and I mean no offense here Phil, is this: Is eBay letting you claim the sculpt as intellectual property? If so, that is kick ass. It would mean sculptors may have a means to finally stop these recasting d-bags and their shenanigans.

Yeah thats the long and the short of it:love

Wow that sucks this guys got your Maul bust, any idea who this guy is ? you can't have sold big numbers of these.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back