Iron Man Helmet

Try using e-l light strip from E-Lite.com, I can see pretty good out of mine, can't see THROUGH the strip but if you place it right you can see out from under the strip. It's paper thin and only shines out. Also ,I'm using a manual slide friction hinge on mine but I 'm developing a compression spring release. press a button and it pops up auto. still in the test phase.

That sound very cool. But for an movie armor it will be impossible to touch the face with the design of the armor. But i love the idea! :love

...But for an movie armor it will be impossible to touch the face with the design of the armor.

Really? Ugh... I've been known to shoot down costume ideas if I can't raise a glass of beer to my face. I mean, if I'm going to show off a suit of armor like that at DCon, I want to enjoy some tasty beverages, no?

Straws my friend, super long bendy straws.....

I was thinking about trying to work out a "scrim" type effect for the eyes. Front light it with LED's on a gauzy white fabric and you should still be able to look out from the dark inside.

It's been on the back burner for a bit tho... haven't had time to futz with it.

Try using e-l light strip from E-Lite.com, I can see pretty good out of mine, can't see THROUGH the strip but if you place it right you can see out from under the strip. It's paper thin and only shines out. Also ,I'm using a manual slide friction hinge on mine but I 'm developing a compression spring release. press a button and it pops up auto. still in the test phase.

Awsome! I"ll order it and try it out thanks. Your helmet looks awsome!!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back