Another Cantina Creation - Djas Puhr bust!!

Originally posted by hollywoodhardware@Mar 26 2006, 11:00 AM
Tom, you are a sculpting animal. Freakin' awesome.

Thomas
[snapback]1213599[/snapback]​

Raaarrr, baby.

:lol

Thanks very much guys. I'm pretty sure this one could be done as a wearable mask as well (assuming you don't have a watermellon for a head, of course. Would be pretty cool to wear to the store :D

(Ok, Ok, or a SW con... sheesh. ;) )

Tom

i figured it out...

wampa is really GL

and every week he takes something outa the archive and is like look what i wipped up.

hes doing it to discourage you all...

LOL...

JK (of course)

you guys really arent that far of from the cantina... no need to stop now...

has anyone ever done a lifesize praying mantis like the one that is far behind chewie when ben first meets him?

i know thats more of a full static back ground prop, but maybe you could make the neck/head, and idealize it to not look like the crap the prop did up close.

i spotted that guy when i was young, and thought i was so cool for noticing it.

blah blah... yeah, keep em coming wampa, oh and maybe make a bad sculpt every once in a while, you are murder on others morale. LOL...

nah, even the best guys here love seein your stuff.

:thumbsup :thumbsup WAY up.

Wonderful work, not that Im surprised, your attention to detail is very much appreciated. The flesh texture alone is amazingly likelife.
The sculpt looks a bit like Robin Williams to me, or perhaps Im nuts hahahah.
It would be such an event if all the cantina aliens were put together in one room.

Originally posted by Wampa@Mar 27 2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks, matic,

The flesh on this one was mostly just texture stamps and sponges (with some tool work).  The original wasn't overly textured and I didn't wanna overdo it.

Oh and oldken...  :lol on the GL stuff. 

Aaaaand... guess what?  Richie did a praying mantis for someone a while back.  LOL

http://members.aol.com/riverratriley/kitik/k.jpg

:D
Tom
[snapback]1214137[/snapback]​

shoulda known...

thats pretty sweet.

:D

What a TRIP. I missed this thread somehow. I just found it and its kind of ironic. My buddy Todd wrote a fan film right around the time of the release of Phantom Menace and we'll be putting it together and filming it this summer. I was given the part of his Sith character that happens to be part Sakiyan. I am just using my own bald head, without the bulbous look and getting contacts for a more sith eye appearance. The character is blind but I dont think I will do white blind eyes. I think it might be more menacing looking with pupils. I just cant decide if I want them white with pupils or red and yellow maul style or just yellow emperor ROTJ style. He is alien so they could be different but I havent really decided. I am going to do some foam ears and the talented propsculptor among us is making me some teeth.
I wonder if I could get you guys to give me some input on what you think the costume should consist of. There are two scenes for the character total. The first is the intro to the film where he is in a prison cell and is shirtless for whatever reason. I have to come up with the garments below the waist and shoes. For the latter part of the film he appears planetside in a full armored outfit. I was thinking something somewhat like a long coat/cloak with a body armor vest that could look really sculpted and menacing. I am highly hopeful of doing a hyperdyne lightsaber blade for it and a custom machined hilt.

GREAT work on this sculpture. I think the eyes give me more confidence that the sith look will work for this species. Its subtle here but still effective.

Josh

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back