New Gremlins scenes being shot for Gremlins 2 film break seq

MR BARLOW

Hey,
So my friend Sacha Feiner , known here as Batgremlin is redoing the Gremlins invading other films sequence from Gremlins 2 .
The Gremlins look great !! ,and the first sequence filmed is awesome !!!
I believe he is doing 5 different movie invasion scenes in total :)

He cast and painted all the gremlin prop puppets he is using, did a great job too !! So I think this is prop related, if you must move it do so but he made all these up for the film...
myspacedossiergremlins.jpg

Clearly this shows that a 3rd Gremlins could be a lot of fun and done w puppets not cg

Check it out , and say hi to Sacha, tell him how much you like it :D its the video--GREMLINS 2 FAN ALTERNATE SEQUENCE

http://www.myspace.com/sachafeiner

Barlow :angel

Pretty FRICKING cool! I love Gremlins! Wish they'd make another movie! I did see some cg work in there, but it didn't bother me. Hope to see more!

Hi
Sacha here, the maker of the sequence; just to precise there are no CGI involved!! only puppets and compositing!!
By the way, the next sequence arrives... stay tuned and thanks for your comments.

That is frickin awesome! :lol:thumbsup Would love to see more.

I think steveo might have been referring to the CGI used for the Gremlins facial expressions and blinking.

That is seriously cool though. :cool

Wow, that sequence from the exorcist is amazing! A great show of talent. This is gonna be a great project! Can't wait!

Great stuff. Very well done.
Can't wait to see the next sequence.
I suddenly have the urge to watch a Gremlins movie.

That was awesome. I got nothing against 3D and 2D CGI. I'm more of a G1 fan as well.
I think they should go puppet and cgi model route. Laserscan the puppets or design them in the PC and RP them from the cgi models- Done either way, so the CGI models and Puppets flawlessly match one another.

Stan Winston is doing this type of stuff more than you might think.

The Crystal Skull in Indy was made on the PC first then RP'D into the real world, same thing for the chair the alien was sitting on and the crystal skeleton body.

They could do one of the above methods- Use the CGI models for more complex animation stuff and puppets for blue screen and close ups and on set stuff.

Why not use all the resources the wonderful world of cinema offers to make a seamless experience?

I get the puppet love, I'm a Huge Yoda fan, and I'm not very happy with the CGI version of him. I'm mainly upset with it not looking like the Empire version.

Outside of that, the performance was great. Gremlins have a skin tone that a CGI model could do without many issues.

Last edited:
I think steveo might have been referring to the CGI used for the Gremlins facial expressions and blinking.
[/quote]

Yes, to Howlrunner you listen. The eyes are CG, no?

And as far as compositing - that is the only use I see CG having. Great job well done.

Hi
Sacha here, the maker of the sequence; just to precise there are no CGI involved!! only puppets and compositing!!
By the way, the next sequence arrives... stay tuned and thanks for your comments.
Sacha, have you ever considered making a stripe or mohawk gremlin, cause that would be cool, als you should trie to make a bat gremlin, i think that would be sweet.:)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back