Argonauts "Cain" Model Kit.

Barkatthemoon

Hi. Long time lurker. First time poster.

I recently learned ARGONAUTS made a model kit of "Cain" from Robocop 2. Does anyone here know anything about this kit? Like how tall it is, how accurate it is, and what would be a fair price to pay?

Any info would be hot. Thanks.

Hi. Long time lurker. First time poster.

I recently learned ARGONAUTS made a model kit of "Cain" from Robocop 2. Does anyone here know anything about this kit? Like how tall it is, how accurate it is, and what would be a fair price to pay?

Any info would be hot. Thanks.

I have one somewhere. It's about 1/12, IIRC; not very big, maybe eight inches high I guess? In storage so I can't check but I remember being slightly let down. Good quality though, but a lot of white metal for the armature parts (arms and legs).

The thing about that design is, it's mostly armature. There's no attempt to portray realistic actuators etc. A case of the director falling in love with the shiny machined armature work and not wanting it covered up, perhaps?
Seems accurate enough. No idea of a fair price I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Martyn

RoboCain tends to go for a few hundred on eBay. I can't quote anything close to an accurate figure because I gave up a couple years ago after not finding one for less than $300. Being from such a terrible movie didn't help either.

It's fairly accurate, but there are some issues, such as blocky, underdetailed and oversized toes, etc. And there being both full-size and stop-motion puppets used in the film affects the accuracy, depending on what you feel to be the real deal.

Last I checked Hot Toys was playing around with making one, but there have been no official announcements as of yet, just word from within the company. If it does go into production it'd be 1/6 scale to match their RoboCop and ED-209 models, and the price would be comparable if not less than the Argonauts.

Being from such a terrible movie didn't help either.

Like... Shut up!

The MiM recasts kits usually are bad. If you're really interested, I could point you to an Uber Cain in the making. 1/4th scale with all bells and whizzles.

PM me for a link.

Here's a teaser:

3dgumby06fv6.jpg

I've not been on the Robocop site for a while.Last I looked,there was slow to no progress being made on the large Caine kit,but he was working on nthe upper body and the mini gun.It looks fantastic so far based on the prototype.If anyone is interested, I do have a 1/12 scale Argonauts Caine kit.I paid dearkly for it,I admit i was stupid wheh buying.I paid well over $400 for it from a seller in the UK because there were non to be found here.Now i see a few a year on E-Bay.Anyway,I know it is allot, but I'd take $300 a Fine Molds Molds kit.I'd like to get my hands on the ESB Slave I kit,I think the Jango Fett kit difers slightly,but i could be wrong, or...I'll take a couple of the other more common kits...maybe the Y-Wing and the the 1/48 X-Wing?E-mail or PM me in the RPF if interested?Thanks~John

sir-round that just made my day wow i have the monstersinmotion repop its a great cast.... but whooooooooooo why go 8 when you can have what almost 36 inch tall cain thats gonna be sic:eek:love

They're gonna be pricey. I have a little 4" robocop from japan that is called a model, you just snap him together and he was 30 and the cain from the set was 60 and you dont dare want ed 209.

You can say that again...Japanese kits are really pricey,but i suppose you get "quality&detail" in trade.I have both the Argonauts ED and 1/8 scale Robocop kits and they are a pretty penny indeed, but the kit quality and detail is astonishing.

Guys, the thread has died... I don't know if that 1/4th will ever see light of day.

The ali 1/6th is the bomb, but alas not for sale and not for kits.

Yeah, I haven't seen/heard a peep about it in quite some time.There is someone else who is making a smaller one(I think?) or it may be bigger?He is maching all the parts of aluminum and steel I think?To date, I've seen him working on the arms and it looks pretty awsome.

Last edited:
I've got the Argonauts ED-209 and Robocop kit which are SUPERB.I've been trying to sell them.I've got allot of PM's about them,but that's about it.Sold Cain quite a while back.

I hear ya.I wish they didn't cost so damn much, but I got stung pretty hard on buying the Argonauts ED.I bought it from a guy in Japan.The Robocop figure wasn't too bad.Picked him up for $100.00

I found my Cain kit yesterday; it's in ok shape but not great - good box, can't find instructions, and several subassemblies were put together by the previous owner. Puttying started but no sanding.

Man, this thing really is SMALL for the price you pay.

A local friend of mine is interested in it. What would be a fair price for a started kit, anyone have any clue? I don't want to rip him off, but I paid over $150 for the damn thing about 14 years ago, I don't want to rip myself off either.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back