Argonauts "Cain" Model Kit.

Yeah, for such a small kit, Cain in 1/12 scale is pricey. I paid $400.00 for mine(then I sold it for less-BAD IDEA).Pity, he'd look far more menecing in maybe 1/6 scale.I think that ought to put him around 12" in height when built.As far as the acuracy of the Argo Cain kit goes, it is pretty damn close. You gotta hand it to the Japanese when it comes to model kits, they may make them on the small side, but they are packed with detail and are usually "dead on balls acurate".The Argo ED-209 is astoundingly acurate and packed with detail.I'd say the Cain kit is around 6" in height when finished.Unless you get lucky(which you might now), I don't think you can get an Argonauts Cain kit for somewhere between $275 (possibly started) up to $350.00.Personally, if it is started to a degree and/or missing parts I'd barter heavily for it(don't screw yourself).I bought mine from a guy in the UK, hence the $400+ tag I paid,plus the kits were at their peak value and the economy wasn't in the dumper like it is now.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I really would like one built, but gotta admit I'd rather go for a larger GK. I might see what he'll offer; if $200 it's his and I'll put the funds towards a GK version some time.

Well, actually I'll put them towards repairing my bike. :(

And then maybe sell THAT. :( :(

Ive just pulled my Argonauts ED209 out of the attic, but still don't know whether to build it or sell it.
Same goes for the Cain.

It’s a kit that was printed. There’s a lot of work to finish it and you need to buy 3 page full of screws and extras but I think it will rock once done.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back