Hey SW fans - Look what I found in my garage!!

Dark Joker

As the title says, look what I found in my in my parents garage (or for the less fancy - "car hole")

DSCF1695.jpg

For those that can't tell right away ( I know the pic isn't the greatest) It's a Destroyer Droid from Star Wars Ep. I

I forgot that I had it, but came across it while helping my parents clean out their garage. It's a cardboard/posterboard display from a bookstore I used to work at. When Episode I came out we got this one and a battle droid. The battle droid went to a customer after it was used. This one came with me. I lucked out being the most geeky employee at the time. It's a little worn from being in storage, but all in all not too bad.

Here's a few more pics.

DSCF1703.jpg

DSCF1699.jpg

DSCF1696.jpg

I'm curious what everyone thinks of it.

I remember seeing those at Borders way back when. Pretty cool.

Good call, it came from Waldenbooks, there part of the same company.

Since I can't keep it at my parents anymore and the wife doesn't want it in the livingroom, I think I may have to part with it. Since my post count isn't high enough for the Junkyard yet, it'll probably end up on eBay.

Last edited:
Really neat! What is it made of?

It's made of light weight cardboard. It was alot of folding and "insert tab A into slot A" to put it together. The arms(guns) and legs are held to the torso with plastic nuts and bolts. You can see them on the joints on the close up pic of the leg.

I thought of two thing in reguards to selling it. 1 - it's pretty big, I'm 6' and I'm just barely taller then it. Shipping would be an issue. Charges would be alot to ship as is. I could disasemble it and ship it flat. 2 - what's something like this worth? :confused I'd hate to let it go for dirty cheap only to find out that it's worth serveral times more.

I sold a new one (in the box) in the Junkyard awhile back for $50 - I had bought it as a set but I had to keep the Battle Driod for myself, still cool and a lot less space taken up.:rolleyes
You would have to take it apart and ship it flat, a pain, but really the only way it could be shipped.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back