Ghostbusters props are a go!

DDevil192

For years ive bought kits and what not of proton packs traps and what not, well in light of my recent financial state ive sold my proton pack on ebay have have started my first ever scratch made proton pack and gun. the gun is made from 1/8th hard board and a for sale sign and MDF. This is by far the best gun ive ever had I feel its the most accurate ive eve had also. tell me what you all think thanks for looking.

Griff
DSCN0213.jpg

DSCN0215.jpg

DSCN0210.jpg

DSCN0207.jpg

And here is a sneak peak at the new pack in progress. This is the spacer and cyclotron with a resin bumper. the Spacer is solid and will be vacuumformed, with a resin cyclotron on top, this think looks sweet!
DSCN0187.jpg

Last edited:
Lookin' great!!! I've wanted to do a GB suit and proton pack for years...one of those things I'll eventually get to I guess :)

Nice... Looks a little bit like a stunt gun... The problem is: Every time I got a gun in my hand build from a kit, I had a little bit the feeling to brake something off the gun, if I handle it a little bit too hard... MAybe thats the right way, like you build the gun...

haha yeah your right. I was going to do that tomorrow, its tricky to get a handle on. JUST for the record for someone who has come to my attention the heat sink and side disks r not mine i was in a bind and found extras i had in my parts bin so i used then i did not make then, all other parts are made from either mdf or pvc, or real metal. ...and for the bottom of the gun those round things r rubber stoppers. oh and screws. some glue and epoxy putty.

thanks for all the kind words

Griff

The way I did mine, was I made a 3/16" snake of epoxy putty. I wrapped it around the seam between the handle and the gun body and took the back end of a fint tip paint brush and just poked the putty making sure one dot covered the other by about a third of the length of the "bead". I did the same for the small rod on top, but I noticed the weld on the front handle looks more like one you'd see on an exhaust so that one is much easier to pull off by just putting a snake acound it and taking the back end of a paint brush and working the it to the right shape. Took me all of 10 minutes to do all of my welds. Hope that helps.

wow zombie that actually helps a ton! thank you. i might leave it i dont know, ill deff fix it up. thanks for the comments. ill post pics tomorrow all painted and minor weathering,,,for now.

thanks
Griff

Here is a little update with the gun. I fixed the crappy weld thanks to Zombierepelants's help. I also painted it up and added the acrylic tubing and real banjos on the end of the barrel, along with great foam grips.

DSCN0221.jpg

DSCN0222.jpg

DSCN0229.jpg

Griff

Here is a little update since the last one...the gun is 100% done!! just waitin for lights and in the mean time i build the actual pack from MDF and other wood parts around. The cyclotron is the only resin part on this pack where as all the resistors and connectors and hard parts to fine will be 100 % real and accurate. The other parts such as ion arm, ion knob and v hooks are machined.

DSCN0263.jpg

DSCN0258.jpg

DSCN0264.jpg

and finally the pack painted with decals....weathering and addition to parts will be tomorrow after work.
DSCN0265.jpg

Griff

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back