The Definitive Golden Idols of Raiders *UPDATED 5-23-08*

This is my virtual revision of my first modified idol. I wanted to revise some aspects on shape and proportios as Belloq said and pointed in this thread. So with the time and my practice in 3d scan and 3d design I can make this real. Now , the next step is to bring it to real world and make the last modifications, sharp lines and refine the model to have the definitive hero version of the idol. The parts are separate and the hollow section ready to put the mechanism. I'm grateful for the help of this thread at the last years.

In the left, my first plaster (white) scanned idol and right the new

Progress_idol-virtual.jpg

Happy new year ;) to all!!

Ready to print my virtual modelling work on the idol. I did a fist little printed idol to test things .
:D

I wanted to show how looks my 3d idol until now . I hope you like it

27719079789_ac65b91c62_b.jpg

well, This is a preview of my little first printed scaled idol (7 cms) with the last touches that will be included with a complete Screen accurate base (altar) down-scaled (not in the pic) I will post, soon, pics of the base. Need the post-process to eliminate texture of the printer and then, the mold.

This is not the 1:1 Idol , this is a little version that will be another extra that will be available to offer for collectors :D

39545523841_7f6800332f_c.jpg

Then, I will print my 1:1 idol hollow and with the lid , and same postprocess. This idol will comes with a reduce base with only the first section with the motorized system and all the things I said before;)

Little idol (7 cm) almost ready to mold......

hard work to eliminate and improve the result on the 3d printer...

38868985345_4fc482dec0_c.jpg

Preparing to print my 1:1 hollow replipa

And it base to go with it

You can see comparative pics with the real thing (from screen captures)

Original..

24769188057_ddb6c55833_c.jpg

·3d model raw

39637379261_8dff1c7a3e_c.jpg

·3D model with texture

24769187917_9a980a37da_b.jpg

I realize this thread is way old but I figured I could resurrect it with a few questions that I’m either overlooking responses to or that I truly cannot find an answer for.

Has there ever been an idol made from any screen used mold?

Is the “hero idol” version just a modified/resculpted version of the “stunt” idol with a down turned mouth?

Are there just 2 “movie” molds? The stunt with down turned mouth corners, and the hero version (servo eyes)?

Thanks so much guys! Looking forward to any and all responses :)

Yes, there have been replicas made from screen-used idols.

The Hero Version and Stunt Version are two different sculpts, but very similar. Not only the mouth, but the baby is different as well.

There are only two versions of the idol, as far as we know.

More info here: IndyGear.com: Chachapoyan Idol

Yes, there have been replicas made from screen-used idols.

The Hero Version and Stunt Version are two different sculpts, but very similar. Not only the mouth, but the baby is different as well.

There are only two versions of the idol, as far as we know.

More info here: IndyGear.com: Chachapoyan Idol

Great info there. Thank you! So what idol has been made from a screen used copy? And is that Jade propstore idol also the hero mold?

Oh one more personal question for anyone, the idol on the pedestal has always look guilded to me rather than vac metalized or gold plated. What was done on the hero idol we see there?

Edit: found a few old posts that answer this for me!!

After the metalizing was done, there could have been some kind of spray or even a light gel added on top to dull the shine a bit. This would explain the slightly softer and uneven look of the finish of the final hero prop. MK did this to one of his metalized idols many years ago and the result was fantastic.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back