The Definitive Golden Idols of Raiders *UPDATED 5-23-08*

The hero sculpt is the only idol for me and thus far no one has acheived a close replica, especially after a typical heavy-handed gold finish softens all the details. But if it can be done, Pedro will find a way. That is sad to hear the idol is sold. I was under the impression that it would stay in Propstore's archive.

Last edited:
HI again , guys. A few weeks ago I finished my new golden idol for a friend. This is the look once it is aged.

I hope you like it
Before the last work
22878359606_b55b0c0f7f_c.jpg

Definitive look ;)

22878359526_8bca91607e_c.jpg

22890900992_dac298130f_c.jpg

22878359686_a1e1c4e3b4_z.jpg

The weathering job gives it an entirely new dimension.
This piece is absolutely tremendous.
I'd be really curious to know the technics you used.

Looks fine, but i don't understand the goal, because in fact gold is unalterable ! Except if you think the golden idol is not in gold but just plated with !

Looks fine, but i don't understand the goal, because in fact gold is unalterable ! Except if you think the golden idol is not in gold but just plated with !

I think that the "goal" is simply to attain 'screen accuracy'. To make a prop-replica that looks as close as possible to the original that is seen in the movie. Where's the confusion?

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Looks awesome, Pedro! I'd love to own one just like it! (Hopefully, sooner rather than later.) ;-)

@Pegasus_san those eyes are perfect! Best one I've seen with the eyes. What idol is this? Looks like the Ozy Idol.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI jedifyfe, I don´tknow but my point to start for my resculpt version is this (the black):

3625603932_51fcd7c063_o.jpg

I did a plaster master cast to make all the improvement and obtain all the aspects I wanted for a Screen accurate version and recover lost details.

Then I did a new modifications to my resculpt version (white) again to make the definitive

Aged version= Screen Accurate version
In the same way , I wouldn`t make a holy grail with new look

Last edited:
Wonderful replica. You are probably done with the sculpt, but if you ever consider a resculpt someday, I would suggest the following adjustments: increase head/face to body proportion, increase face cheek size, increase eye openings, and reduce teeth size/proportion. I assume all the proportions are interactive, but that is what I see at first glance when comparing it to that reference photo of the hero idol. However, the finish and eyes and overall feel of the replica is spot on. Excellent as usual.

Last edited:
Belloq, I wanted to get the feel of the hero on my replica, that was my goal. Those adjustaments you mention suppose a new modeling idol, maybe in a future I can make something like that but now I am satisfied with the feel its transmit. The size is about 19,5 -20 cm in my version

Another better video with subtitled explanation of the functions and simulated painted eyes

I hope you like it ;)

https://youtu.be/qFTOAanAM_s

The "scan" movement seems a little too fast compared to the left/right movements.
But that's an absolutely awesome job. And as I said already your aged/distressed idol is a masterpiece.
Can't wait to see this tech applied to a finished idol.
Keep up the great work !

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back