Is MR selling SDS Helmets?????

I received an email from a StarWarsHelmets.com contributor the other day pointing out that a MR advert he'd seen on a retail site was displaying an SDS trooper helmet....

mrhelmets_small.jpg

SDS_ANH_stunt_11.jpg

I contacted the site owner and his response was...

It clearly is a prototype and the image came from MR

So I dont know if this guys made a mistake or what, but given everything thats gone on I have to say its extremely funny :lol

Cheers

Jez

I wouldn't be surprised for $99. It's just vac formed plastic. MR is making a very smart move it it is that price. Those things are gonna fly. I wonder what the difference in paint jobs will be for the fett helmets. How bad will the CE be?

Originally posted by TFrosst@Mar 22 2006, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't be surprised for $99.  It's just vac formed plastic.  MR is making a very smart move it it is that price.  Those things are gonna fly.
[snapback]1211044[/snapback]​

For only $99 , and if it really looks like on that pic in the end, it's a must have :eek

I don't know if the Stormtrooper image was part of MR's original literature or inserted by Koenigscollectibles, but the Fett helmet image is most certainly from MR, or an official source, as it is the actual Preproduction 3 Fett helmet, not one of the painted prototypes.

MR has been known to use unlicensed replicas in their photo literature in the past. Quite possible that is what they did here.

I think that the $99 might be a typo. Perhaps $199?

Might not be. There is $170 difference between the Fett LE and CE and $99 would make a $150 difference beteween the Trooper LE and CE. Maybe MR is using their molds and Rubies techniques?

Originally posted by gavidoc@Mar 22 2006, 01:03 PM
MR has been known to use unlicensed replicas in their photo literature in the past. Quite possible that is what they did here.
[snapback]1211085[/snapback]​

Thats what I was thinking as well. Didn't they use an E-11 pic from somebody here for their pre-sale flyers?

If those are the real prices there is going to be some serious upset in the Fett helmet selling community. Those prices are OUTSTANDING.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back