Lucked out today... found Galactica TOS piece

I was in an antique mall in Missouri this evening and found a copy of the style of safety helmet that the flight deck crew wore in the original Battlestar Galactica.

Its a little beat up, but a touch of tender loving care and some copper colored spray paint, and it'll look screen accurate!

Been looking for one of these for quite a while now. And it was ten minutes to closing... I turned a corner and saw a safety helmet sitting on top of a comic book rack. I thought to myself, "Did I just get lucky?"

I did.

It has some strange orange paint splotches all over it. I'll need to clean them off. They're odd because they're obviously put there on purpose. Like it was spattered with blood for a halloween costume or something. Except they're ORANGE and not red. Whatever... who cares? I GOT ONE!!!

YEEEEHAAAAAWWW!! :):cool

congrats. Looking forward to pics, because I can't recall this thing off the top of my head.

Good job Gordon. That is one I have been keeping my eyes peeled for also. I found the outer of one a few weeks ago, but the inside section was missing, so I passed on it. I haven't been looking very long for it, and found it relativity quick, so I thought I would wait to find an other one. I just hope that wasn't the only one I ever see again.

Ok here we go, less than 1 minute later.
Flight_Crew_III.jpg
Flight_Crew_II.jpg

Whoops! Well straddle me with a female russian wrestler and call me a noob!

I DIDN'T find a copy of that helmet! Coulda sworn I did. But it's not the right one. Pics coming soon.

-G

Yeah... here it is.

Okay, so sue me... I was in an Iowa Antique Mall with no proper reference.

I wasted $20 on this. This wrong thing. I'm sad. :cry

Anyway, time to cut my losses. Anybody want a hard hat for 10 bucks plus shipping?

-G

Hey Gordon can you take a straight on photo of the helmet. I can't really see how far off the raised section is compared to the screen used version.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back