My Goonies Doubloon and Copper Bones

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've just finished these two replicas from the Goonies. The Spanish Doubloon:

pp-doubloon1.jpg

...and the Copper Bones:

pp-copper1.jpg

Both are cast in metal and are the actual size of the original props. The back of the doubloon is the same as the original prop with the 1632 date.

Feel free to e-mail or PM me with any questions.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Originally posted by westies 14@Mar 21 2006, 09:54 PM
Very nice work, man.  Good to see you posting here...
[snapback]1210427[/snapback]​

Thanks. So many forums... so little time. :cry ;)

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Indy, I have the copper bones, and it's wonderful. I can't wait for my Doubloon to arrive... :)

I'm also anxious to see the treasuer map as soon as it's done. I'm sure it will be a masterpiece...

Thanks! My Copper Bones are somewhat "official" now that Mezco recast them and they have been used (along with Relicmaker's map) on the bluray packaging:

Goonies-Bluray1.jpg

Kind regards,
Magnoli

I remember when Mezco recast this a year or two ago. I just hope both you and Brenton were eventually credited and/or compensated. :confused

Thanks! My Copper Bones are somewhat "official" now that Mezco recast them and they have been used (along with Relicmaker's map) on the bluray packaging:

Goonies-Bluray1.jpg

Kind regards,
Magnoli

I sent them a few e-mails, but never received any replies. There was even a brief discussion on the Mezco forum, but it was locked down and that was the end of it.

Wow. Really? Weak.

Did they delete the thread, or just lock it?

Sorry to hear it. Incredibly uncool thing for a licensed company to do.

:thumbsdown

I've been getting a lot of e-mails lately about these props, so thought I'd bump this back to the top. I am still making all of my Goonies props, so feel free to e-mail me for more info.

While visiting the Pirate Museum in St. Augustine, FL, I saw a few props on display... including a set of Goonies replicas. Much to my surprise they have on display a recast of my Copper Bones:

MagnoliFloridaVacation396-2_zpseceba1b0.jpg

I couldn't make out the make of the doubloon but it didn't look like mine nor RelicMaker's... though it did look pretty good. The map, not so much, but I've seen a lot worse.

Cool to see my stuff on display in a museum, even if it is a recast.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

nice cast doubloon. I cast a doubloon from brass it came out pretty nice then aged it in a ammonia fume chamber I'm happy with it

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back