Post Your 5TH ELEMENT props/replicas here

gg.jpgbb.jpgmy beloved zf-1 completely scratch built no kit parts just blood sweat and not to many tears :)

Attachments

• tt.jpg
    tt.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 196
Love the shield and the cabinets. Were they custom built?
thanks yer the cabinet is custom it was a long overdue project in itself i had heavy props on floating shelf's on a stud wall knowing it wasent a good idea i waited until i came home to find my living room looking like id been robed with broken hoverboard and a smashed terminator endo arm on the floor so the floating shelf's had to go hope my landlord don't want me to move any time soon :rolleyes

Hey guys! So I ended up finding this thread while I was researching the work on these stones/candle holders, and figure I needed to post the results here. Let me know what you think!

Wow. Those look incredible.

All I need to finish my collection is the stones themselves.

Not have much luck.

Well done!

Can you provide some details on how you made them?

Wow. Those look incredible.

All I need to finish my collection is the stones themselves.

Not have much luck.

Well done!

Can you provide some details on how you made them?
Thank you so much for the compliments?

They’re wood blocks, I used a dremel with routing attachment for the grooves, and a diamond tapered point to cut the cracks. I used a brown base coat mixed with tamiya cement texture paste (although if I made more, I might try the asphalt paste instead). Then I sponged on a few different layers starting with light tan, then a rust color and then the light tan again. Each layer using a bit less. Then finally finished off with a dirt wash using a dark brown paint mixed with water and just used paper towels to wipe it on!

Ok, i thought that I would post some items, I had to take these out of storage.
i purchased these for maybe 15 years ago, and they haven’t seen the light of day since!

first is a production made zf1 shell, made for the hero Zf1s but never built.
9F777671-FE1B-443D-B5D4-7186765F1B9E.jpeg

E1FACA44-294B-433B-B029-91BECDA4F95F.jpeg

19445019-388A-4427-94A1-F693BA111253.jpeg

and in the other image is the master mold, YES it’s the master mold that was used making all the pods and the working props.
it’s in very good shape and well made.

Last edited:
Ok, i thought that I would post some items, I had to take these out of storage.
i purchased these for maybe 15 years ago, and they haven’t seen the light of day since!

first is a production made zf1 shell, made for the hero Zf1s but never built.

and in the other image is the master mold, YES it’s the master mold that was used making all the pods and the working props.
it’s in very good shape and well made.
wow, epic :D!!!! So I guess this is the mold for the closed versions in the crates. What materials did you use for your casting?

The mold was used to do both the pods and the open version. The black cast in the picture is not my cast, it’s a production used shell for the open version that never was used.
I'm wondering, do you have any idea how that mould works? is it just for rotocasting? not for fiberglass? I don't understand how you can close it and apply the fiberglass...

I'm wondering, do you have any idea how that mould works? is it just for rotocasting? not for fiberglass? I don't understand how you can close it and apply the fiberglass...
The mold is made out of fiberglass, and since they used fiberglass in the mold it has one air line molded in to them.
you can see the small hole in the bottom of the mold, and on the back of the mold you hook up compressed air, and when you blow air in it the cast “pops” out.

I was told they did all the FG laying up to very close to the edge, then when the FG had set they put FG putty on the rim and then closed it. After a few hour, blow some air in to the air intakes and presto!

that seem extremely complex! awesome that you have that information though :)
just have to do a run now ;)

that seem extremely complex! awesome that you have that information though :)
just have to do a run now ;)
It sounds more complex then it is, the air channels are needed since it is a hard mold making hard things. If there’s no air channels the cast would be almost impossible to get out, some mold release is also a must.

It sounds more complex then it is, the air channels are needed since it is a hard mold making hard things. If there’s no air channels the cast would be almost impossible to get out, some mold release is also a must.

you think there would be interest in a run?
I cannot say for sure for the interest but we are already two here asking :) the best I think would be to create an interest thread in the project run section with photos of your mold and maybe an example of castings that you did and ask if people are in :)

I'm guessing people will be in for a cast from production moulds shells run in fiberglass though ;)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back