Post Your 5TH ELEMENT props/replicas here

By the way, I can say with complete certainty that the Reel Art stones do not match ANY of the stones seen in the film. I bring this up now because it was just a few days ago that I did a very thorough and exhaustive search through the blu-ray for screen caps of the stones, which I then compared to the ones in question. I was also unable to match the HCG stones to any stone seen on screen, including the "diva" stones, which some think are different than the hero stones.

An unsubstantiated theory has been around for years that there existed a set of "Stunt stones" from which this set (and others just like it) originated.

Not only have I found zero proof to support this theory, but there's plenty to suggest it's false.

I do believe there were more than one set made for the production, that much is certain. I also believe that the stones at the end, the ones with the pop out parts are different than the "hero" stones. I have not yet confirmed that they are an entirely different sculpt (that's my next project!!!) but they are obviously distinct from the "carry around" and beauty stones.

Look what I found in a neat book entitled "Babes, Beasts and Brawn, Sculpture of the Fantastic" by Steve Kiwus:

unu7equr.jpg

I am building a ZF-1 replica right now, but look at the detail in that one that 1:10 Zorg figure is holding! Holy smokes! The story of why these amazing toys were never made is interesting, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is an interesting read.

Didnt know Gary Oldman owned the Zorg character. Shame he wasnt interested in a toy being made.

I wonder,now that his likeness has been so well-captured by the Hot Toys guys in the Commissioner Gordon figure, if he might change his mind. Imagine a Hot Toys Zorg, complete with 1:6 ZF-1!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Definitely would have been nice to have figures.. Here's my Fifth Element Collection:

And this is what the display looks like.. As you can see, the display has a light on top, as well as behind each glass shelf, which lights the shelf up..

I've also got 4 Multipasses I still need to do and finish, as well as a mini replica of Zorg's ship..

Nice collection you've got there Beechy. I was wondering about the Zorg ID card, did you make that, or is it a found item?:):thumbsup

Beautiful collection, Beechy! I am particularly interested in the display on your ZF-1 remote. I have seen only remotes with a blank yellow screen. Yours is really cool! Is there a reference somewhere that shows that image on a remote display or did the builder of that replica add that just for visual interest?

Thanks!

Beautiful collection, Beechy! I am particularly interested in the display on your ZF-1 remote. I have seen only remotes with a blank yellow screen. Yours is really cool! Is there a reference somewhere that shows that image on a remote display or did the builder of that replica add that just for visual interest?

Thanks!

OMG.. That was actually my first build.. Didn't even think about that.. Yay, I'm a Prop Builder!! :lol Shooting you a PM..

Just finished painting my set of element stones the other week. going to try to post pictures of how they turned out. I was really pleased with them! Going to try to tackle some Fifth Element paper prop projects now (kind of a tongue twister!)

Just a few photos of the sanding and painting process for the stones. I originally bought them off someone from ebay. They came to me as an ivory/grey colour. I sanded them all down, then started playing around with different paint colours. Spray paint did an o.k. job, but the blending and texturing wasn't right at all. Eventually I figured out that spraying paint on a piece of paper then dabbing it on with a sponge and rag worked best!

It was my FIRST ever "prop project" and was pretty darn happy about it. I did a set for my dad for Christmas and a set for myself. Such a cool feeling finally having them done !

Fifth Element is my all time favorite movie, and my lack of props from it is disgraceful. I'll need to pick up some more in the coming months. I've got the KD-1 and one of Matt's multipasses (still need to finish building it), but I need to get the key, the stones, and I'm nearly done on the graphic part of the "nice hat".

This is my 1st replica prop!:thumbsup I'm planning a Korben costume for halloween 2013, so it helped "justify" the purchase ;). This does not have working electronics, the battery box has been removed and the wires cut :(
I might try and find somebody to "fix" it, but for now it will look great as a display. Now I need to find the "please help me" poster to frame. :)
I've got some good pics of the holster to recreate it for my costume, but I can't figure out how the blaster would actually fit in it :lol
attachment.php

attachment.php

I also bought one of those blasters with clipped wires. Pretty easy fix. They clipped the wires because they are the broken ones that drain the battery even when they are off. So you'll need to install your own switch in the base if you don't want it to drain your battery. I just pulled the wires out a bit with a pair of tweezers and used the sharp edge to strip the wires. Got some banana clips at radio shack and wired them to a battery and a small button from a LED flashlight. The button works as a pressure switch so the blaster turns itself on when I pull it off the stand and turns off when I put it back on.

I also bought one of those blasters with clipped wires. Pretty easy fix. They clipped the wires because they are the broken ones that drain the battery even when they are off. So you'll need to install your own switch in the base if you don't want it to drain your battery. I just pulled the wires out a bit with a pair of tweezers and used the sharp edge to strip the wires. Got some banana clips at radio shack and wired them to a battery and a small button from a LED flashlight. The button works as a pressure switch so the blaster turns itself on when I pull it off the stand and turns off when I put it back on.

That's genius, care to share some pics? if u have :cool

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back