The Twilight Zone

I have a Sideshow Invader that is pretty cool, unfortunately they are no longer available.

4717-invader-sc.jpg

Here is a capture from the episode "The Invaders".

4716-invader.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of Montagar's avatar, there are lots of cool props in "The Outer Limits" as well, such as Robert Culp's Glass Hand from "Demon with a Glass Hand".

oldwaghld9.jpg

I've always loved TZ. Forgot about Tower of Terror. I'll have to look through my vacation pics and see if I have any from there. I know I snuck my videocam in and taped us on the ride itself.

Speaking of Montagar's avatar, there are lots of cool props in "The Outer Limits" as well, such as Robert Culp's Glass Hand from "Demon with a Glass Hand".
A quick OT if I may... It might be time to resurrect that project again and see if we can get it made. I just looked at the last thread about it that was started back in '05 and was last bumped at almost this exact time last year. :lol

Now back on-topic...
OOOOooooo - lets keep this thread alive and thriving!

http://www.towerofterror.org/tzreferences.html

The link has all of the prop references in the ToT attraction at WDW, WDCA. They're not originals reportedly, but very good replicas. So we know they're out there.
I remember seeing that Invader on top of the bookcase at the TOT and thinking that it was the Sideshow version, but from the picture that is on that web site it is clearly not a Sideshow. Some of the details look more like the original(s), but there is really no way to tell unless someone at Disney knows it's origin.

not a prop, but has lots of pictures of props on it...
The game is filled with a surprisingly large amount of references.
http://www.pinball.org/rules/twilightzone-notes.html

tz.jpg

image-3.jpg

On a related note, this is rated one of the top pinball machines and is highly sought after. If there was one pinball machine I'd buy, it's this one.

Thanks for the links, guys. It looks like there are some good things that can be reproduced... The question is would anyone be willing to do it?

Oh good, used the Search function to find exactly the kind of thread I was looking for:) I'd like to display some Twilight Zone pieces in my living room. I am currently on a search for a Talkie Tina doll. I know that she was based on Chatty Cathy and voiced by June Foray, but the actual doll they used was called Brikette, made by the Vogue company. Since the episode is in black and white, it's kind of hard to tell what color hair the one in "Living Doll" actually had. To me, it looks like a brunette - too bad that according to the doll sites I've visited, that's the hard one to get. I might just have to get a different hair color and reroot it. The other fun part will be getting the correct outfit. If I can get enough reference pics of the doll, I might be able to make something close to what she wore. However, I'd rather find someone who knows if that was an actual produced outfit for Brikette or if it's from another line.

Thanks for the links, guys. It looks like there are some good things that can be reproduced... The question is would anyone be willing to do it?

Sculpting those masks would be pretty easy. I'm just not too experienced at mask-making. I would probably start making them in scale for 8" Megos or 12" figures first, before trying to make full-size masks.

I am currently on a search for a Talkie Tina doll.

Oh, HELL no. That episode gives me the heebie-jeebies just THINKING about it! *shudder* :lol

An aside - on the pinball picture, there is a pyramid with an eye in it. Was this an actual prop in an episode? I'd love to know which, if it did.

Very cool thread-

Agree with Montagar and Phase pistol on the Demon with a glass hand prop. I know Outer Limits but I would love to see that come to light.

As for Twilight Zone, agree Talkie Tina is creepy but would be cool. There are kits out there for Mystic Seers and a group in Canada I believe had metal ones on eBay which worked similarly to their counterparts (the Swami dispensers). I love the idea of the masks.

Hmmm, how about the book from "To Serve Man", the watch from "A Kind of Stopwatch", the toy robots from "One for the Angels" (dim recollection), necronomicon from "Still Valley", Burgess Meredith's coke bottle glasses, the zoo sign from "People Are Alike All Over", could probably rig an old Polaroid to dispense/reload the photos from "A Most Unusual Camera", space ship from the Invaders, Willy from "The Dummy", spaceship from "The Fear".

Just thoughts. Would Love to See "To Serve Man" . . . in canamid.

Doc

Very cool thread-

As for Twilight Zone, agree Talkie Tina is creepy but would be cool.
...Willy from "The Dummy", spaceship from "The Fear".

Doc

I would rather have Talkie Tina in my house than Willy any day!

Actually, one of my favorite episodes ever was "Five Characters in Search of an Exit." I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, because it's a great one, but at some point they show some dolls. If only I could track down the originals from the show, find out what kind they were and get the same, or find really good replicas...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back