PKD KIT...I just got it cheap. What is it??

TazVader

Sr Member
G'day folks,

I am by no means an expert and with the customs issues we have in Australia I picked this kit up fairly cheaply here. I know it's not RAC quality but it's better than nothing LOL Can anyone tell me what it is? Will it turn out ok? Help tips and advice is cool. Even pics of a built up one. It has something like yaksumata-D on the top of one part.

Regards
TAZ

PS Anyone in Aussie with a better kit or a SIDKIT or RAC they wanna get rid of let me know please:)

4d13_1.JPG

4525_1.JPG

Rick's casting is very clean and detailed. With a good paintjob (and Karl's WorldCon reference pics), it can look awesome. I've got one of his PKD-M myself from his 2006 run still waiting to be painted.

Ha ha. Thanks guy's LOL So I gather the chamber opens up then? I know nothing about it. It's in the mail at the moment. When I get it I'll post pics and expect help from you guru's LOL

Regards
TAZ

Taz, the parts are all molded resin pieces, no moving parts. So no, the chamber doesn't open (and the triggers also don't move).

Actually, the back trigger has a pivot an small tension spring so it does have limited movement on that 1 part. :)

Everything else is static though.

Bruce

Oh...well that sucks then LOL I wonder if anyone sells the resin hero sorta kits still. I'd have to get it bit by bit to get through customs though LOL

Regards
TAZ

Rick's doesn't cast the trigger guard on the frame in any of his kits to my knowledge, and I think the upper is always connected to the side panels. At least all of mine have been that way, and all the pics of raw kits I've seen from Rick are that way too.

I talked to Rick about it. It is possible it is one that was made by Charles Wallace after Rick sold off his masters to him back in 2002. It could also be a recast by someone in Australia, since this seller seems to have a new one up every week.

It is based (cast) off of one of his later versions of the PKD-2. In any case it is not a Rick Ross kit. He does only mold his kits in either Grey or army green resin. He would only use other color resins for tests.

The cast on trigger guard is something he does do, or has done. In his later versions of the kits he began to simplify the parts to save himself some time. Some of his early kits he had fewer parts too, untill he thought it would make them desirable and easier to modify. I have a kit from him back in 2000(?) that has the trigger guard molded in and I purchased it from him when he had his site way back then.

Andy

Gee...LOL this kit is causing some interesting discussion LOL Wish I had known what I was buying. If I hadn't of missed out on the resin hero in the junkyard I would have passed on this. Anyone got one they wanna sell unbuilt?

Regards
TAZ

Thank you Andy, I was hoping someone else knew more.

:) I'd love to know for sure who is casting this kit. I've seen it on ebay over and over, and it's not from "chip wallace designs" so, maybe the aussie guy.

Njc----------

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back