Revisiting the Training Remote

Re: Build Diary: Revisiting the Jedi Training Remote

Gday Paul. Lovin this thread mate. Great project you guys are doing. Thanks Jase.

Gday Paul. Lovin this thread mate. Great project you guys are doing. Thanks Jase.

Thanks for the shout out. It is really thanks to those who have done this before that makes projects like this possible; thanks again for Rob for posting his old build. But look at his kit he posted first; spot on to the original in that comparison. :thumbsup

I hope to achieve nearly dead on accuracy, but to be completely honest I'll be thrilled just to get this done. I'll have photos up on Sunday of the ball with all the parts attached. Keep checking back.

Why no updates?
whoops.jpg

Here is a great reason not to work over concrete. I dropped it and it split in half. At least I didn't have the parts on there or I probably would have done some damage to them as well. It broke the styrene pretty clean and not all of the way around so the two hemispheres should be easily aligned/glued.

Last edited:

The generate a sincere "OOL" - not uttering a laugh out loud, but an audible and out loud "Ouch..!"

Last edited:

Apologies to Sumatra! After a minor shipping debacle it took me about a month to get some parts over to him. Don't worry I'm going to make it up to you.

Meanwhile... bout time I knocked this thing out. Look at all the pretty kit parts.:love
seekerkitparts.jpg

VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!

Probably one of the nicer versions i have seen!

Frank Cerney

I made every effort to not only match the orientation of the parts themselves, but the location of the ejector pins as well.:wacko I almost wish I had not taken so many photos.

Speaking of photos; here is one from the Sculpting a Galaxy dvd:
cap132.jpg

See that black ball rolling around in the Panther G lid? You can add one more step to the painting tutorial, Frank.

For some reason I decided to use cyanoacrylate (super) glue on this build and it frosted the heck out of my scotchlite. You can see where I pulled one part off in the photo. Tried a slightly different way last night with the same results. Over to the hobby shop for some accelerator...

wow. No kidding.

I have heard they used BLACK PRIMER on everything.

Who knows.

Maybe it was a reject ball!

Great work Paul. I always love the look of multi-colored parts. :)

Thanks! The original would have had the same color kit parts. I confess there are some later releases of the Panther utilized, but I hid the lighter tan parts on the back.

How is yours coming along?

Here is something that I don't think I have ever seen on here that may help other members builds:
seekerbottom.jpg

On the top is the actual remote, with current build on the bottom. I have added my own personal touch creating the X with the styrene strip (and paint). I'm guessing its just the standard hemisphere nipple hiding under the metal so I had to do something.

Last edited:

Here is something that I don't think I have ever seen on here that may help other members builds:
seekerbottom.jpg

On the top is the actual remote, with current build on the bottom. I have added my own personal touch creating the X with the styrene strip (and paint). I'm guessing its just the standard hemisphere nipple hiding under the metal so I had to do something.

Looking great so far!

Is it me or are some of the tank threads attached the wrong way?
Check the orinetation of the "teeths" on the prop against the orientation on your remote. See what I mean?

Markus

Good eye... I noticed after I posted I had one going the wrong way. Now I remember why I used cyanoacrylate; paint on over cleaner and off part comes unharmed.

Regardless, not every part on this thing goes the direction you might think it should. A great reason to post photos of your builds... always nice to have another set of eyes.:thumbsup Thanks!

Nearly finished assembly on this, photo update tomorrow!

Been catching up on this thread with GREAT interest... looking forward to your update!

GREAT work so far, looks fantastic, and, I'll have to keep that in mind about my cement floored shop... :unsure

Since I'm on page 1 with this again I might as well tell you... pretty much hit a brick wall on this and I'm not talking about any Holgate and Reynolds brick sheet, though I wish I could say I had some.

I have axel brackets from a T600A aerodyne and they are awful. The flash completely obliterated the raised edge on the round portion that points out along the equator. I'm trying to source an older kit, but my kit budget has dried up and I can't seem to find one for less than $60. If you've got Kenworth axel brackets I'll buy 'em! The Star Destroyer guys use the other side of the part... could trade as well.

I WANT TO PAINT... but must wait for these last remaining parts.

What do you need my brother.

I think I have the brackets molded someplace..or castings laying around...

Great stuff here! I had a rotocast kit a few years back and loved it. It would be great to build a remote from kit parts so you the crisp eges around each individual part.. I'm very envious..

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back