SW MI Prop Party in Grand Rapids 5/31/08

I should be able to come, if so I've got a little stuff I can display (Latinum, hypospray, PADDs, klingon mug and a couple other small items)

Dan! Great to have you onboard with this. I'll have my MR rebel trooper blaster and my MR Qui-Gon saber, but I really don't know of what other MR or SS stuff will be there. If you're willing to bring it, just do it. I realize it's not as "cool" as if you had made it yourself or got a cast off an original or something, but they're still cool, nonetheless. I may also bring my 1:1 Blockbuster Yoda. I'll also have my in process R2, though he kind of stalled out in his current stage for quite some time.
I may be able to convince my wife to stick our youngest in the Ewok costume and one of the others in the Yoda costume too. ;)
I'll plan on having a few extra tables set up for those who have a few things that don't need a whole table.

For everybody who's thinking on coming:
If you're pretty sure you're coming, please post here stating how much table space you'll use and if possible the sorts of stuff you'll be bringing to encourage others to come see it!
Then I can try to make a compilation list of the stuff people are likely to see when they come.

Also, if any of you have items that would work as door prizes, post 'em here or PM me if you don't want fame and glory. ;)

I should be able to come, if so I've got a little stuff I can display (Latinum, hypospray, PADDs, klingon mug and a couple other small items)

Excellent news! I love Trek too, but really don't have much (other than toys) that I could show. I'd love to get a few tidbits here and there, such as a nice pile of Latinum. :) (I may be purchasing a PADD from Starfighter66, so that could be a nice start to a Trek collection too.)

The tables are 6' long by 30" wide. I have at least 15 total available, probably more if we need them.

Everybody who wants a table (or more) and hasn't already said so, please post your request here so I can be sure to have at least that many ready.

The tables are 6' long by 30" wide. I have at least 15 total available, probably more if we need them.

Everybody who wants a table (or more) and hasn't already said so, please post your request here so I can be sure to have at least that many ready.

I could use a table. I could maybe even share a table if you get a lot of people.

I'll be bringing Star Wars helmets and my in progress EE-3 and E-11.

I could use a table. I could maybe even share a table if you get a lot of people.

I'll be bringing Star Wars helmets and my in progress EE-3 and E-11.
Excellent! The more the merrier! This should be a nice event.

I'll post some local restaurants and their distances from the party in another post. It won't be an exhaustive list, but it'll at least give an idea of what's nearby.

It's less than 3 weeks now people, so if you have that prop you want to finish before you bring it, now's the time to do so. :)
(That was mostly for my benefit... LOL)

In case you all didn't notice, I've posted some updates to the first post including nearby restaurants, etc.
Just a week and a half left! Start digging those cool props out of the basement and get ready to show them off!

If any of you have some skills that you want to show off, bring the appropriate materials to demonstrate it. Perhaps we could have a demonstration on casting? (I know I'd attend that!)

Looking forward to going. I hope there is a good turnout. As for space, I'll only need some floor space for R2 and may half a table for a few parts.

Heath
Excellent to hear you'll be able to make it Heath! I'm assuming then that your R2 is up and running again. He's always fun to watch.
The conveyor system we're making for a customer that was supposed to be set up for a test run has been delayed, which will mean we'll have even more space to play with. :)

Bummer! Hopefully you can make it next time, assuming there is a next time.

I think I will be done working at 4:00pm. It would be a 50 minute drive. If I left promptly (after work) I could be there at 5:00pm.

Would it be worth it to still make the trip out?? :confused

I think I will be done working at 4:00pm. It would be a 50 minute drive. If I left promptly (after work) I could be there at 5:00pm.

Would it be worth it to still make the trip out?? :confused
Well, if ya have e-mail at work, I could always e-mail you a couple pictures and you could make the call.
I said 7:00 for the end 'cause I want to get out of here eventually, but I suspect there'll be some stragglers...
It's up to you of course...

Well, if ya have e-mail at work, I could always e-mail you a couple pictures and you could make the call.
I said 7:00 for the end 'cause I want to get out of here eventually, but I suspect there'll be some stragglers...
It's up to you of course...

That won't work. I'm working for the fire department that day. We are outside for a local festival. No internet access.

I can PM you my cell number. Let me know! :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back