Accurate Emperor Robe Project

GINO

Sr Member
I've always wanted to have a 1:1 scale emperor display to stand next to my ROTJ Vader. It seems now I'm well on my way.

I've been working with my seamstress to develop accurate patterned emperor robes and we've just about got it nailed down. There's a lot more to it than a standard robe/hood pattern and although I've seen some nice efforts by others, no one has gotten it right.
I was going to post a pic of the latest prototype (which is incredible), but figured I'd wait until this next round of changes.

The coolest part of this project was my ability (luck) in finding the exact fabric used for the outer cloak. I've been looking for this material for years so it was a huge deal to actually find it. There was only a limited amount left, so I purchased it all.

Here's a pic of the fabric next to the real deal. It's definitely the same stuff.
I'll post progress pics as soon as I have them. I guessing in a week or so.

4293766.jpeg

Last edited:
Re: Accurate Emperor robe

Wow, that is awesome news. Great job on the find! It does look very good. Can't wait to see the final. Kudos.

Wow looks to me like you've successfully nailed the costume part of your prized project. Now I wonder what you could need to finish it of:love

What could you be referring to? An accurate set of hands?
I suppose I'd need those as well. :)

Ugghhh ... just dropped a mint on an outer and inner robe. Outer robe has the waffle pattern but probably not as accurate as yours Gino. I'll be watching with interest as I'm trying to get a life sized Emperor build-up off the ground right now.

Well done my man! :thumbsup One of, if not the, holy grails of Sith-dom without a doubt!! :D

Looks close, but the original version have the 'waffle pattern' bigger and much more defined. I've seen a couple of times.

Pc210028.jpg

Last edited:

No, actually it is the EXACT same fabric.

Could you post some close ups? Doesn't LOOK like the original to me at all, judging by your pictures. Sorry.
As I said, the original have a MUCH more defined and bigger waffle pattern, not present on yours. Again, could be your pictures that are not doing it justice and showing it's details. ;)

Last edited:

Whether my pics show it or not, I can say that when holding it in your hands, and comparing it to high res photos, there is no question it is exactly the same.
Because the fabric has a 3-dimensional quality to it, the photos are greatly affected by the lighting. I tried to match the lighting conditions in the comparison photo but already knew that it would be extremely difficult to get the photos to match.
Either way, in person there is no question.

Whether my pics show it or not, I can say that when holding it in your hands, and comparing it to high res photos, there is no question it is exactly the same.
Because the fabric has a 3-dimensional quality to it, the photos are greatly affected by the lighting. I tried to match the lighting conditions in the comparison photo but already knew that it would be extremely difficult to get the photos to match.
Either way, in person there is no question.

Well, you can take a picture of yours in daylight or very low light and if it's the same pattern, it WILL show. It not difficult to show the details. The original image I posted above is FAR from high quality yet the pattern is pretty visible. If it's there, it will show. It just need to be in focus. ;)

Again, I don't think yours it's the same as the original based on the pictures I've seen.
And if you want to sell it as the EXACT same fabric used in the original robe, as you said yourself, then would be good if you showed better pictures that REALLY showed that is indeed the same fabric. ;)

My take is this. If you don't believe what I'm telling you (and tried to illustrate), then I won't have to worry about you signing up for one when the time comes. ;)

My take is this. If you don't believe what I'm telling you (and tried to illustrate), then I won't have to worry about you signing up for one when the time comes. ;)

Oh you really don't need to worry, I won't buy it or even sign for it.
Not for something that doesn't look like the same fabric used in the original costume, as you are advertising ;)
I would love to be proved wrong. All it would take is some pictures :)

Anyway, good luck with your sales, and I honestly mean it! :thumbsup

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back