Guardian of Forever info

Robot Monster

Sr Member
I am looking for info on the Guardian of Forever. Any measurements that anyone might have would be helpful or line drawings that could be expanded for tracing out on form or wood.

Tek

Are you talking about the Star Trek Guardian of Forever? If so, I would suggest finding the small model they made of Kirk and Spock and the Guardian. You should then be able to take those measurements and just multiply them out. Also, if you could find someone who has been on the superb Star Trek Tour that is traveling the country, I believe people are allowed to take photos very close to it!

I don't know if those two options will help, but it will at least be a starting point...

I wish you the best! Post photos of your progress!

Hey tekmage3000,
I am not sure to what small model BladeFanChuckster is referring to but I do know that Hallmark put out an ornament in 2004. The problem with it is that it is not very accurate looking.
I would suggest that your best bet would be to go to http://www.trekcore.com/ and download any screenshots of it from the episode!
Then you could extrapolate the size of it from Kirk and Spock standing in front of it. If I remember correctly Leonard Nimoy is about 6' tall, William Shatner is a couple inches shorter!
Hope that is helpful, Petseal

Don't forget that there are HD screencaps there from the new remastered versions. City on the Edge of Forever is on the last page.

Well if it ever drys up here I am going to make my pattern for the Guardian. I have my shots and my art projector. I'll take some rosin paper put it up on my shed (just to mount it ) and start tracing for the pattern.

Now I am thinking of foam insulation board with a plywood backing. I may coat it "Sculpt and Coat" and then paint. This is going to by my phase 1 version. After I would like to get it to glow and put in a voice circuit. Please feel free to toss out any idea's on the subject.

Tek

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back