One for the Airsoft experts

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Any Airsoft experts know of any spring (not gas) Chromed Colts that are shaped like the Pulp Fiction guns? Particularly with the rounded back of the grip? The difference between gas and spring is a few hundred dollars or more. Since this will be a static display prop, the firing mechanism doesn't really matter to me :)

I've seen several that have a more squared grip but I'm looking for something like these (ignore the pearl grips, I can always upgrade to those):

DSCN9967.jpg

DSCN9968.jpg

The only ones I've seen have a more squared grip like these:
KA-22CH-L.jpg

The part you're referring to is the mainspring housing. It's generally one of two versions - arched or flat. Ed Brown makes a wedge-shaped one that's decent. The two 1911s pictured are both fairly cheap clones. The first is an Auto-Ordnance (before Kahr bought them out). The second is an Astra; they didn't have grip safeties, which I always thought was odd. I've heard that model pictured was chambered in 9x19mm rather than .45 ACP, which makes good sense as far as blanks go.

The third pictured is a replica of a nondescript Springfield Custom Shop gun, with what looks like an Aristrocrat rear (or an oddly beefed-up Bo-Mar), a Wilson thumb safety, and an inaccurate ring hammer (most Springfields these days used their own style they call a "Delta" hammer).

Andy

Do you think the mainspring housing could be upgraded on these Airsofts?

Originally posted by jedi573@Mar 17 2006, 09:25 AM
The part you're referring to is the mainspring housing.  It's generally one of two versions - arched or flat.  Ed Brown makes a wedge-shaped one that's decent.  The two 1911s pictured are both fairly cheap clones.  The first is an Auto-Ordnance (before Kahr bought them out).  The second is an Astra; they didn't have grip safeties, which I always thought was odd.  I've heard that model pictured was chambered in 9x19mm rather than .45 ACP, which makes good sense as far as blanks go.

The third pictured is a replica of a nondescript Springfield Custom Shop gun, with what looks like a Bo-Mar rear, a Wilson thumb safety, and an inaccurate ring hammer (most Springfields these days used their own style they call a "Delta" hammer).

Andy
[snapback]1207595[/snapback]​

My last Google search finally turned up this:

AP-UA-961S.jpg

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AP-UA-961S.htm

It's no where near as pretty as the ones you showed Kurtyboy, and the black components means it's going to need to be painted or plated, but it does have the curved main spring housing. At $19 it might be worth picking one up just to see if it can be made to look better.

Colt Guns

I believe the SA Colt Delta Elite is probably what you're looking for.

SPKA112CH (Chromed) £35.99

You could go for the accurate Colt Government Series 80 from Western Arms but it will cost you £196 from the same site. Just click on the bottom link on the page I linked to above to view.

HTH

For a display piece you'd probably want to paint the whole thing anyway. That standard "nickel finish" on spring airsoft pistols looks like silver plastic anyway.

Having it repainted in Alclad silver would go a long way, the sad thing is the pearl grips will probably cost fours times as much as the gun... :(

Originally posted by Paradox@Mar 17 2006, 10:35 AM
Cheaperthandirt has pearlite grips - with logo.  CLICK HERE

-G
[snapback]1207698[/snapback]​

Oooooooo.... very nice for an inexpensive replica. I may go ahead and pic up a set. Thanks for the link :thumbsup

Beware guys, the screw holes may not line up with an airsoft replica, or a model gun replica, or a metal non-firing replica. I speak from experience. But at that price, glue them on, and then glue on false screw heads. (which is what I did with $80 grips)

And Kurtboy, you need Duplicolor Chrome.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/gold-chrome.html

Especially for a display piece, this stuff will give you a very convincing finish. They sell them at auto part stores in the states, not sure where you could pick it up in the Uk though.

I will post some before and after shots of things I've painted with the chrome paint tomorrow.

Noeland-----------------

I've seen the Duplicolor chrome before and passed it by thinking it was the same old "chrome" spray paint. I'd love to see some pics of how it really looks if it's actually gives a convincing chrome finish.

:)

We can't get duplicolor here in the UK and there are problems shipping it.

We have the Plastikote brilliant gold and chrome here which TK409 used on his c3p0, but it never seems to cure completely and doesn't like being handled. This would not do for a gun which by its nature is meant to be handled.

As for the grip holes lining up, I'd just drill new ones and epoxy them in.

Here you go:

spring_1911_silver_jpg.jpg

UHC .45, all chrome model. $20. You will have to sand down the old grips (only on a gas model would they be removable like a real gun), paint the whole thing if the stock finish isn't to your liking, and finally stick your new grips on.

Originally posted by SG Merc@Mar 18 2006, 02:46 PM
Here you go:

UHC .45, all chrome model. $20. You will have to sand down the old grips (only on a gas model would they be removable like a real gun), paint the whole thing if the stock finish isn't to your liking, and finally stick your new grips on.
[snapback]1208389[/snapback]​

Isn't that the same gun I linked to above? I believe it is. I think this is the way to go for Vincent Vega's weapon. Just strip it down and refinish it.

I'm not having any luck coming up with Jules Winfield's Star Model B 9mm. I haven't found replicas of any type, airsoft or non-firing. I haven't had any trouble finding the live firearm, but I'm only interested in it as a display piece so I have no intention of spending the hundreads of dollars for the real gun. Does any have a source for this pistol? Of the two, this is one I would rather have.

Originally posted by RedTwoX@Mar 18 2006, 03:19 PM
Isn't that the same gun I linked to above?  I believe it is.  I think this is the way to go for Vincent Vega's weapon.  Just strip it down and refinish it.

I'm not having any luck coming up with Jules Winfield's Star Model B 9mm.  I haven't found replicas of any type, airsoft or non-firing.  I haven't had any trouble finding the live firearm, but I'm only interested in it as a display piece so I have no intention of spending the hundreads of dollars for the real gun.  Does any have a source for this pistol?  Of the two, this is one I would rather have.
[snapback]1208402[/snapback]​

Whoops, my apologies, I hadn't noticed that you'd linked to a source for the HFC.

I don't know of any airsoft replicas of the Star B 9mm either. Your best bet might be to modify the above airsoft 1911. It looks to me like there's only a few details that, if changed, would give you a decent replica.

Originally posted by SG Merc@Mar 18 2006, 08:12 PM
Whoops, my apologies, I hadn't noticed that you'd linked to a source for the HFC.

[snapback]1208514[/snapback]​

No need to apologize. I was just looking for confirmation. Just making sure there wasn't some detail I missed. Looking back I should have phrased my statement better. Since it is the same gun, we definitly have a winner for the Vincent Vega piece.

I did some research this afternoon, and while there are some significant differences to the internal workings between a Star Model B and a 1911A1 (predominately in the way the safety functions) the external differences are minor. The Star Model B does not have a grip safety, the thumb safety is shaped differently, the "catch" for the action lock is different (I'm probably not using the correct terminology there, sorry), and those differences result in the grips being cut a little different.

It will take more than a little elbow grease, but the UHC .45 could probably be converted to a reasonable likeness.

Of course, the company name and model stamped on the side of the action is different, but since the UHC has nothing there it can easy dealt with. Either ignore it or have it engraved.

I just noticed that the "grip" section of the Star Model B's action is vertical, while the "grip" of the 1911A1's action is angled. The "grip" on the UHC's action is also verticle, so that is one element in favor of converting to Jules' Star 9mm

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back