Show your Dr. Who props!

Hi, I have a few odds and ends that I've made - a fullsize TARDIS exterior, bronze Dalek and a K9 project that has been 10 years already, but this is my biggest item in every sense. I've been working on the 2005 console for probably 5 years and still keep finding things to change, add, re-furb. Might be one of those never-finished items but I'd actually love to call it done and just sit back to enjoy it. The full build thread is over on tardisbuilders.com - http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=4291.75 though if there was interest I'd be happy to add info here too since I've discovered a lot about the prop during my research work.

A few pictures:
5.jpeg
4.jpeg
1.png
2.png
- glen

Hi, I have a few odds and ends that I've made - a fullsize TARDIS exterior, bronze Dalek and a K9 project that has been 10 years already, but this is my biggest item in every sense. I've been working on the 2005 console for probably 5 years and still keep finding things to change, add, re-furb. Might be one of those never-finished items but I'd actually love to call it done and just sit back to enjoy it. The full build thread is over on tardisbuilders.com - http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=4291.75 though if there was interest I'd be happy to add info here too since I've discovered a lot about the prop during my research work.

A few pictures:
View attachment 803684
View attachment 803685
View attachment 803686
View attachment 803687
- glen
Holy hell, man!!! Bring that thread over here - that is fanTAStic!!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Aces Jacket with pins and patches made by me. I have tracked down the majority of the pins and patches on Aces Jacket, those that i could not find, i have recreated.20180413_104528.jpg20171115_111453.jpg20180411_160812.jpg20171113_095224-1.jpgI have done all of the buttons, the star, and hand painted the Jazz shirt.

"Esque" you say??? LOL ! It is my latest creation. Created from screenshots and pics. I should have them up for sale in a week or 2. They are solid brass.

I made a stand for my fluid links using a wood stand I bought from Hobby-Lobby. I dremeled out the inside to put button battery's, switch & LED's to light the acrylic part of the stand. Any Ideas on the color scheme for the LED's or the color of the stand itself? I was thinking trying to make it look like a Tardis Roundel. But there are so many Roundel designs, I don't know witch would look good with this prop.

Fluid Link Stand.jpg

You could try to make it "plug" into a piece of faux-tardis console base, like its plug end suggests. I don't think it was ever shown onscreen how it was connected to the tardis so you could make it up.

BTW I read your build log and loved it. When I have some time (as if...) a fluid link is going to the next prop I make. It's surprisingly simple, and when it's mentioned every true Who fan knows exactly what it refers to.

I made a stand for my fluid links using a wood stand I bought from Hobby-Lobby. I dremeled out the inside to put button battery's, switch & LED's to light the acrylic part of the stand. Any Ideas on the color scheme for the LED's or the color of the stand itself? I was thinking trying to make it look like a Tardis Roundel. But there are so many Roundel designs, I don't know witch would look good with this prop.

View attachment 811237

Thanks Marnal110! :)
(I hope it was directed at me, otherwise *shame* *ding ding* *shame* on me... ;) )

I have more Doctor Who stuff I've made.
Here's a set of props for a lady friend for her River Song Cosplay.
The gun model is downloaded from Thingeverse and printed, though I changed a bit of things on it with cutting and re-shaping with Thimbra to make it more screen accurate.
A pretty great 3D-model to start from though.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:206194

The leather holster and corset/belt are made from scratch, holster i hand stitched and everything stained dark brown.

20171012_010506.jpg

Here's a short blog with some more photos
https://riversongcosplayprops.blogspot.com/2018/07/last-winter-i-helped-good-lady-friend.html?m=1

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back