Show your Dr. Who props!

Hyperion III Crew Phaser

1.jpg2.jpgimageedit_1_8396931812.gif

Last edited:
Birdie: One of my favourite props from the Eleventh Doctor's era. What did you use to build this beauty? Thanks for posting a reference photo, too, I've been struggling to find a decent screenshot of the phone for a while now.

Kind regards, The14thDr :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The main part is a clip-on book light that can be found easily on Ebay. Everything else was scratch-built from laser-cut acrylic sheet, then manually sculpted with a dremel where necessary.

@Birdie: One of my favourite props from the Eleventh Doctor's era. What did you use to build this beauty? Thanks for posting a reference photo, too, I've been struggling to find a decent screenshot of the phone for a while now.

Kind regards, The14thDr :D

Not a prop per se but my 1/6 Tardis Kit

~

Attachments

• bluecallbox136.jpg
    bluecallbox136.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 232
  • bluecallbox134.jpg
    bluecallbox134.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 281
  • bluecallbox135.jpg
    bluecallbox135.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 213
10 is my favotite so it's only fitting I have his sonic universal remote. :) I'm sure many of you have seen in these in action before but here's my demo vid! Oh and ALLONS-Y!!!

I have a big wooden radio transmitter shipping crate. I brought it home to put on my "burn pile" far far in the back yard. Knowing that my wife is a HUGE Dr Who fan (BBC series), I painted the crate blue and left it deep in the back yard under cover of darkness. I only had 3 hours to transform the crate into a prop. Hilarity ensued the next morning as she spots the Tardis time machine from Dr Who in the distance. She couldn't believe what she was seeing.
attachment.jpg

Above, the night I stashed it in the back yard under cover of darkness. Yes, it has a working light on top. It is a flashlight in a square jar. The details were simply painted onto the blue wood while it was still wet. It was all still wet when I loaded it into a van for transport, but it traveled ok.
attachment.jpg

Tardis by day.
attachment.jpg

The 3rd pic is her and the dogs inspecting it in the back 40. She enthusiastically ran out to see it in her bathrobe. I don't think she's going to let me burn the Tardis.

She made this video the morning she discovered it in the yard and uploaded it to show all her friends.
VIDEO:

Backyard Tardis.jpg

Tardis in yard.jpg

Tardis with dogs cropped.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

My wearable Eye Drive from Series 6, made using a plastic spoon, black duct tape, black foam and some double-sided tape.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440519092.809997.jpg

Currently working on the TVM Beryllium Chip and a Chronodyne Generator.

My wearable Eye Drive from Series 6, made using a plastic spoon, black duct tape, black foam and some double-sided tape.
View attachment 519530

Currently working on the TVM Beryllium Chip and a Chronodyne Generator.

I tried making one out of clay. I got the right shape, but it got way to hard because I forgot about it. But I'm going to try again and then make one out of rubber.

Nice! Love the new stand.

I haven't posted a pic yet due to moving, but I absolutely love the new remote. I managed to get one of the SDCC exclusive ones. It has more metal than the previous one (tho I'm baffled by the copper core being plastic when it would have been much better with actual metal).

It feels perfect in your hand. Great balance and heft. Just the like a "real" sonic should feel like and not a toy (which was my largest complaint with the 11 remote). And the flick to open is perfect! I feel like the Doctor!

- - - Updated - - -

Madame Kovarian's Eye-Drive

View attachment 521121

What is yours made out of? A friend has one of these that look similar and it's fully rubber. I really want to sculpt one myself in a couple of sizes as a few friends are doing a group cosplay from Wedding of River Song so we need a bunch of them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back