Show your Dr. Who props!

Koh-i-Noor Diamond and box. Tooth and Claw.

1.jpg
1a.jpg

Platform One Retreival Ticket; downloaded from the Doctor Who paper props thread.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437905885.862414.jpg

EDIT: Great Intelligence Institute business card from The Snowmen; also from the paper props thread.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437905978.430710.jpg

How'd you even keep the cost down to $50? I figured materials alone would be at least $100. Did you follow an online tutorial?

I used foam core board instead of wood to keep the pieces lightweight and moveable, and I have a friend who could get it to me for cheap. Then I used some reference pictures and created some blueprints from that.

I used foam core board instead of wood to keep the pieces lightweight and moveable, and I have a friend who could get it to me for cheap. Then I used some reference pictures and created some blueprints from that.

What a great build, and a great idea. I never though of foamcore. Let us know if you'd care to post a build up, or what plans you used.

I will keep this in mind for a future project. Not 100 % accurate - BUT cheap, forgiving, lightweight, customizable, portable, easily disassembled... Only tools needed would be a ruler, a box cutter, blue paint and printed out sign/labels to stick on. Only thing metal would be the handles. This would also be PERFECT for a quick TARDIS door, for example, for a display or a convention etc.

I may try it with rigid insulation which comes in big sheets, big enough for a whole side/door in one piece. Great work!

My sonic remotes Top to Bottom: stock 10th remote, Deluxe Remote with 10th electronics, 9th Aztec

Day of the Doctor Set: Stock MFX, Russ War Doctor, Rubbertoe 11th/12th

Classic Sonics: All Russ

10th Sonics: TWC, Repainted MFX, Stock MFX:

11th Sonics: Converted Deluxe Sonic, Rubbertoe 11th, Stokes kit 11th

Didn't know Stokes made a kit for the 11th. Nice collection!
Thanks, Yes Dan (Anakin Starkiller) did make a kit for the 11th/12th. He sent me parts of the claws, holder, aluminum slider, copper cage, and pommel as well as the master for the emitter, core pieces and handle. I had to machine all the internal bits, electronics chassis, and the sliding mechanism. Wiring he thing was a huge pain, but well worth it though. While I love my Rubbertoe, its my Stokes 11th that goes out with me when cosplaying at cons.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back