Show your Dr. Who props!

Here's my Sonic Lance, Tardis Key, my custom Doctor Who Box (still working on it though), and a couple of my Cybermats.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I've always thought the Timelord symbol looked like an hourglass where the sand is running in both directions. Meaning Time itself can travel forward or backward.

Anybody else thought this ? Or am seeing something that's not there? :p

My Fourth Doctor Collection:

- Fourth Doctor artwork.
- R/C K9 Mk.II toy.
- CO sonic screwdriver.
- Custom made TARDIS key.
- TARDIS notebook.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435154553.154666.jpg

Hi guys
I' ve had to go way back to find some pic's of Dr Who replica props I made back around 1980's
My K9 was built when he was still on the show. There were no plans available here in Australia so I had to work out the dimensions using only publicity shots.
He is very close, within half an inch of the original prop, as I got told by a guy from the BBC. Peter Davison, the then actor playing Dr Who, did an appearance with my K9 and told me that the original was hard to get going, but mine just wouldn't stop. My skills were not that great back then, so I made a chaise out of aluminum and the body case from wood. He was fitted with a 7 channel FM remote to do all the functions I had fitted, he was able to do everything the BBC unit could. I used two motors out of a wheel chair and 6 motor cycle battery to drive the different systems. When finnished he weighed in at 70 kg and was so powerful that one time I lost control and he spun around, turning over a guy in a wheel chair. K9 appeared at many convention around Australia and was known as a prankster. One time he went up behind this woman and tapped her on the backside with his eye antenna. She turned around ready to slap some guy, only to find a mechanical dog! :D
I still have him stored away but he will need an over hall by now. Over the years I have made other props for myself like a batch of RC Cybermats
and an Earth Shock Cyberman helmet and even helped friends who were building Daleks.

Included in the photos are a couple of hand props, A Movelon gun and a Tom Baker sonic screwdriver
I've made the head of some Voc Robots, intending to make the rest of the costume but never did.
I also included a shot of my Marvin the Paranoid Android costume, ye.. he's not Dr Who but the original was made at the BBC.
enjoy
Gary
b38AdLeO3yAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
hDcAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
T9sDys85NJCAwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
9fHv8PQTASDgAoTTMAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
kH5X8oy5qV R9iUAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
K9 out in public.jpgK9.jpgVoc robots masks.jpgMavin the robot costume.jpghand props.jpg

K9 out in public.jpg

K9.jpg

hand props.jpg

Mavin the robot costume.jpg

Voc robots masks.jpg

Attachments

• Voc robots masks.bmp
    2.2 MB · Views: 250
Last edited by a moderator:
been linking all over eBay for a case that's close like this. Where you find it?

I found it at a market stall. It's identical to the screen used one, even down to the pattern on the covering of the case. There is no manufacturer marking, you just have to search around and look for matching identification marks to the screen prop. I kept HD screen grabs on my phone so I could match while I was out and about.

A Movelon gun

Lovely Movellan gun! Stunning in fact.

I've made the head of some Voc Robots, intending to make the rest of the costume but never did.

Again, a lovely rendition. Though your source image is bitmap and the forum doesn't like it, if you change to a jpg or png, it'll embed better and people won't need to download before seeing it.

I also included a shot of my Marvin the Paranoid Android costume,

Wow! He looks exactly like the original!

The doctor's alternate sonic screwdriver I finally finished recently.

20150626_120607.jpg

It's a lot more metallic looking in person than it is in the picture.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back