Show your Dr. Who props!

Hi all, I've been thinking for sometime to try my hand at Foam prop building and also have always wanted a classic cyberman helmet. But have never been able to afford one In fiber glass when one comes up on eBay. So I thought I'd combine the two and try the classic style in foam. Let's know what you think.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Wow!! How did you make this? And how much did it cost altogether?

That some very nice work! Well done!

Thanks! You can see how I made it here: http://www.therpf.com/f9/finished-doctor-who-history-time-war-book-233685/

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all, I've been thinking for sometime to try my hand at Foam prop building and also have always wanted a classic cyberman helmet. But have never been able to afford one In fiber glass when one comes up on eBay. So I thought I'd combine the two and try the classic style in foam. Let's know what you think.

View attachment 444641View attachment 444642

Nice! I'd like to make "Handles" from The Time of the Doctor.

Wow! What materials did you use and how long did it take to build?

It's a mix of loads of things, mostly polystrene. She has a wooden armature and I cast her hands out of latex and expanding foam, resin for her face. Fabric was bedsheets soaked in plaster :) I was working on and off for 2 terms, so I reckon it's about 7 weeks work. (Monday to Friday), a lot of time was experimenting and learning different techniques though.

I have made this prop for my grand daughter for a up coming con here in Perth. All made from EVA and velcro tape built around a shop bought stroller/pram. I
just have to paint it now.
2015-03-15 17.09.12.jpg2015-02-14 18.34.24.jpgThis is my Cyberman suit for the same con.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back