Show your Dr. Who props!

Originally posted by Zaphod@Mar 30 2006, 10:22 AM
Phayze

How'd ya do the digital clock bit on that?
[snapback]1216110[/snapback]​

Basically, I bought a cheap digital wrist watch that had a face that I liked, and a cheap pocket watch that didn't have hunting scenes on the cover (there weren't many options at my small town wal-mart in those days) and gutted them both.

I cut a small circle the size of the pocket watch "crystal" (plastic, in this case) from a black three ring binder that I wasn't using anymore, cut a rectangle the size of the digital watch face and glued the two together so that the vinyl wouldn't slide around and cover the numbers.

Then i just popped it into the pocket watch body and went on my merry way. The button that open the cover was originally connected to the works, since you twisted it to set the analogue watch, so I had to glue part of it back on, being very careful not to get any glue on the button part (although I'm not sure that that makes any sense at all . . . ).

I've been meaning for a long time to revisit the project and rig up a way to turn on the watch's light.

I remember when they used to make digital pocket watches (back in the 80's... probably a found item back then). I have yet to find one on the internet now days though.

Just got my (I hope accurate) Tom Baker Tardis key from Who North America, this is the BBC licensed version, they hid the trademarks well :D

tardiskey1.jpg

tardiskey2.jpg

That makes me want to order one. I wasn't sure if it was just the same one they used to sell through 1-800-TREKKER and the one that McGann used (since they bought it from there). I have the version McGann used, but that one looks good as well. I know the one used in the movie wasn't accurate to Baker's or Pertwee's (I don't know if there was much difference between those two.). I know someone has all the info on that. I have it somewhere in a pic I saved.
I hope it's accurate. Even if it's not... it's still a nice piece.

Another good shot is from "Father's Day" when the Doctor is using the Tardis Key to regenerate the Tardis while everyone's trapped in the church.

If I ever finish the face plate properly I'll post some shots of the inside of my McCoy inspired pocket watch too.

"Heres a Screen Capture of the Tardis Key from "The Long Game"."

thanks for that pic...it'll be very helpful...i'm still planning to do the new style tardis key but other projects have to get finished first...sorry to anyone that wanted one...i'll get them made soon i promise...when i'm done i'll post something in the junkyard...skott

mydwprops.jpg

Here's mine. Wish I had more.

I would love to have one for each of the Doctors. Their signature props so to speak. Just the smaller props. I associate the TARDIS (no matter which version) with all of them and it's a bit big. I want to it to look like I picked the Doctors' pockets. :D

I am not sure what I would pick for a Hartnell prop.
Troughton's would have to be his recorder.
Pertwee would either be his dematerialization circuit or his sonic screwdriver (with the Pertwee paint scheme).
I have Tom Baker's prop covered, but I would also like his long scarf. I know it's not a prop, but that's what I think about first when I think of ole TB. So does my mom. "I like the Doctor with the long scarf." she always says.
Davison is another one that I'm not sure what to go with. His toolbox was pretty cool, but I might have to just settle for something out of that toolbox. Ok so the toolbox is a bit bigger, but it's not as big as a Dalek, a TARDIS, or K-9. It's either that or a artificial piece of celery.
Same goes for Colin Baker's Doctor. Other than his jacket. I just can't think of one prop that I associate him with.
Sylvester McCoy is an easy one. I already have his key, but having his umbrella would be cool as well. Since it's a bit more known that his key to the TARDIS. The Doctor's calling card could also be added to the list. The umbrella would be at the top of my list for McCoy items though.
I have McGann's covered. Since I have his key. I wouldn't mind having a McGann sonic screwdriver as well.
Eccleston's prop would have to be his sonic screwdriver. Not the toy one because it's not accurate to his, but I could get the toy for Tennant's. I would like to get another prop associated with Eccleston, but I have only seen what's aired on Sci Fi so far. So I am not sure what to pick for him. His jacket would be nice, but it's a bit too pricey for me (at least the one I found so far).

So if anyone has any ideas for the for props that I can't think of for those Doctors. I would really appreciate it. :)

A couple of things- Replica Cybermen heads from the older days-
[image]http://www.roguesynapse.com/collections/props/IMG_0234.JPG[/image]

and a Cyberman gun . . .
[image]http://www.fotoheap.com/image.php?on=207&an=1851&in=28417&t=i[/image]

I love the Tardis key Kylash- I have one but it has no detail on the back- Very cool-

Doc

Cool Cyberman gun. Not to mention the Cybermen heads.
My keys have some detail on the back, but I think I like the way Kylash's key looks better. Better than the silver key that is.

I ought to try and make up some Psychic paper like the 9th Doctor's.

Colin Baker had the cat badge, failing that I always liked the sonic lance from Attack. Mind you, Colin could have had the most amazing props ever designed and created for a sci fi show ever and they'd have all been overlooked because of that bloody coat. :angry

My other Doctor Who collection. Every single episode. I even have the fan reconstructions of the missing/destroyed episodes. :)

[attachmentid=7569]

Oh, and if you look closely, you can see that I also dig the Prisoner, The Saint, and The Avengers. And Sherlock's in there for good measure. :)

W.

Originally posted by eaviii@Apr 10 2006, 08:38 PM
and a Cyberman gun . . .
[image]http://www.fotoheap.com/image.php?on=207&an=1851&in=28417&t=i[/image]

[snapback]1223953[/snapback]​

I think these were used on Blake's 7 as well, painted silver and black.

Love the Cyberman heads

As far as the "ultimate" Who prop I have to agree its the lifesize Dalek - Its something I have always wanted. I even stated a project to make one (using the BBC Radio Times plans) when I was about 11 but never completed it.

One day.

Cheers

Jez

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back