Show your Dr. Who props!

I have 3 versions of the 2005 sonic screwdriver

The first I pre-ordered and it came in a blue backed box with no batteries included. Apparently character options thought the colour was wrong - it was a pinky skin tome colour, and a second version was produced.

The second version was a off white colour (as seen in the first pic on page 1 on this thread) and came boxed with a red backing and included batteries

The third version, which I got a couple of weeks ago, is the 'cracked' version seen in phase pistols post (also on a red backing with batteries included). This is supposed to be the more 'accurate' version ?? Don't know about the pseudo cracks because I haven't seen a screen used version close up but the colour seems a bit dark to me, it's a kind of a beigy colour

Versions 2 & 3 seem to be the ones seen in the shops in the UK at the moment

Don't know how true all this is, just what I heard and the order I bought them in

yeah i just reordered one off ebay that appeared to have the lgither color, im not a fan of the leathery cracked one ive got, doesnt look like the screencaptures Ive seen. Ill probably put my other one in the junkyard if anyones interested. You know what, i bet this latest version with the darker color has something to do with them using the toy in the second season, maybe they had the toy compant start with this new variation so people arent popping up saying theyre selling a screen used prop or something... something to make it a bit easier to distinguish...i mean its been done before.

heres a image taken from the dr who exhibition in cardiff england no actual
sonic screwdirvers on show but quite a good graphic though

Last edited:
[attachmentid=7366]

Here's some pics of my 3 screwdrivers, the oldest style is at the top

D'OH :wacko I'll try again

some closer shots, sorry about the quality.

Any opinions as to accuracy

[attachmentid=7370]
[attachmentid=7367]
[attachmentid=7368]
[attachmentid=7369]

Some props from the first two episodes:

who1.jpg

who2.jpg

who3.jpg

who4.jpg

who5.jpg

who6.jpg

who7.jpg

who8.jpg

one of those spiders or balls would be awsome, loved those. Very interesting toi see the 3 versions of the screwdriver as well. I finally got my hands on the middle correct one.

From the images shaunsheep posted I can see what they are trying to do with the third version but they don't seem to have captured the texture quite right. As I say, the third version is supposed to be the "most accurate" but I think they need the colour of the second version and be less 'heavy' on the crack effect.

What do you guys think ?

Here are some old pics of a few things. I have no pics of all of my other scarves or my McCoy TARDIS key. :(

These are mostly just random things I've seen T. Baker (and other Docs) pull out of his pockets.
Sonic Screwdrivers, magnifying glass, duck call, jewelers loupe, yellow yo-yo, pocket wtaches, telescope, Jelly Babies, different era TARDIS keys, a dog whistle (for K-9), handcoffs, and Troughton's recorder (I need to repaint it):
Whostuff01.jpg

A close up of TARDIS keys and SSs (including Romana II's SS):
Whostuff02.jpg

One of my actual-length handknit scarves next to a "normalized-length" T. Baker scarf for everyday, subtle Who-ish wearing:
Whoscarf.jpg

My wife wearing a Romana II scarf (a la Destiny of the Daleks)
Romanascarf.jpg

Ive got other stuff, but no pics handy. :(

W.

nmmatt, you say the TOP one in your pic of three is the "original" issue of the toy Sonic Screwdriver? :confused

So the heavy cracked texture is on the most-recent issue after all?

Smoother looks better IMHO...

- k

"From the images shaunsheep posted I can see what they are trying to do with the third version but they don't seem to have captured the texture quite right. As I say, the third version is supposed to be the "most accurate" but I think they need the colour of the second version and be less 'heavy' on the crack effect.

What do you guys think ?"

as far as i know...the middle one is the one they're using on the show....skott

I'd heard that they were supposed to be using the Character Options toy Sonic Screwdriver on the show, since the original had proved to be anything but sturdy during filming.

However the one David Tennant points at the murderous Christmas tree in the Christmas Invasion looks to me for all the world to be the prop version, it's too small to be the toy.

Barry

Originally posted by greatwazoo42+Mar 21 2006, 04:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(greatwazoo42 @ Mar 21 2006, 04:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Zaphod
@Mar 21 2006, 12:09 PM
Anyone know the dimensions of the key?

I was gonna make one.
[snapback]1210257[/snapback]​

I'd say talk to PropReplicator but Wayne's sort of retired, maybe Megatron can help you?
[snapback]1210382[/snapback]​
[/b]

thanks for the praise...
Dr Who stuff is so cool...and the metal stuff is great.

I would love to do more but that will have to wait untill am back with my tools.
Anyway if you keep posting this stuff am might to start collecting Dr Who stuff too.
How long has the show been going now?
I watched a few shows in my college science class (that class was the best)

here's my pair of Dr Who 'electronic binoculars' from 'The Empty Child' .....

drwho001(2).JPG

drwho004(2).JPG

thanks for hosting wacky c....

Originally posted by phase pistol@Mar 26 2006, 11:43 PM
Oooo. Nice. :D

Where did you get that?

- k
[snapback]1213771[/snapback]​

hiya phase pistol ...
if you mean the 'binoculars' ... just check ebay under brass opera glasses. there's always a couple pair up for grabs. pretty cheap too. :)

Well, better late than never . . .

here's my old McCoy-inspired pocket watch that I made many years ago in high school:

7thDocWatchClosed.jpg

7thDocWatchopen.jpg

it's difficult to see in these (crappy) pics, but there's a little circle thing that's animated in-time with the seconds, similar to the Doctor's. The fob chain is the same type as the correct one, but the hook on the end for fasting it to the buttonhole is different.

Also, you can probably see that the little button that releases the lid's latch has fallen off, which I realized last night was the reason that I stopped carrying the thing around with me all the time. I'm going to KMart tonight to see if I can find another cheapy pocket watch to cannibalize for spare parts. ;)

EDIT:

Propreplicator: I love the collection of oddments. I started picking up things like that at one point, too. I saw a great spy-glass at goodwill once, but some lady grabbed it before I could.

I almost tackled her for it. :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back