Show your Dr. Who props!

Can't believe I missed this thread on the first time out. LOL.

I have the following:
Tom Baker style Sonic Screwdriver (Roguescout built with/Hyperdyne Sound module), Sontoran Experiment and/or City of Death version
Jon Pertwee style Sonic Screwdriver (Jeff Parks of Parksabers.com build w/Hyperdyne sound module), Colony In Space Version
Toy Sonic Screwdriver from the 1980's
Toy Sonic Screwdriver from Character Options (2005 version)
Two 800-Trekker Tardis Keys (the self same ones used in the 1996 film)
one of the new BBC issue Tardis keys from last year
one McCoy style Tardis key made by Megatron here on the RPF
One full 8th Doctor costume (vest, coat, ascot, shirt and pants)
...and a few other things.

See Also here: http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=107052 for a few pics and links and stuff.

anyone know if the note pad that comes with the new Sonic Screwdriver is accurate to the one used in episode 2?

Originally posted by Kylash327@Mar 19 2006, 03:58 PM
anyone know if the note pad that comes with the new Sonic Screwdriver is accurate to the one used in episode 2?
[snapback]1208980[/snapback]​

Note at all. It's a post-it pad with a Doctor Who logoed cardboard front.

Thats a Human soldier helmet from Earthshock isn't it, is it a 'found' one?

SAS

Hi there - the Earthshock Trooper helmet was bought from Stuart Evans of Sevans Models and was a screen used prop. These were moulded in fibreglass (in one piece) with a couple of Eveready torches fitted into the sides (these moulds were used for the new Level 13 Guard helmets from the latest series of Red Dwarf).

They were based on a motorcycle helmet with the bottom 'bump' added. It was sculpted from scratch as none of the bottom section is even.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Simon.

question...does anyone here read "doctor who magazine"?...if so...can someone get me a high res scan of the cover of issue 367?...specifically the tardis key?..thanks in advance...skott

Hi Skott.

I have a feeling that the key used in the photoshoot was just a standard 'Yale' type key from a locksmiths looped on a silver string (not chain as I think the real prop would be). They've used the sirt of string that you'd wrap up a present with whereas the key was put on a metak chain in the TV series if memory serves.

All you need is a front door key cut in a silver colour and there you go.

I think the silver gun used later in the photo shoot is a new Cybergun - interesting design.

Cheers,

Simon.

Actually - the BBC showed a close up of a couple of the new keys in their "Whospy" section of their website and also you can see it clearly in the episode "Father's Day" that the prop is, indeed, nothing more than a run of the mill Yale Key.

this the image you're refering to?

tardiskey.jpg

"I have a feeling that the key used in the photoshoot was just a standard 'Yale' type key from a locksmiths looped on a silver string (not chain as I think the real prop would be). They've used the sirt of string that you'd wrap up a present with whereas the key was put on a metak chain in the TV series if memory serves."

that's all it is on the show is just a yale key...i'm pretty sure it's just hanging on a bit of ball-chain (in the shoot and on the show)...

"this the image you're refering to?"

thanks for that pic....the "era" detail will be most helpful...

...skott

a run of accuratly cut keys would be something very cool, id be interested if anyone could organize it

"a run of accuratly cut keys would be something very cool, id be interested if anyone could organize it"

no promises yet...but that's part of my plan....skott

Just got my toy Eccleston driver today. :D

DSC02135.jpg

What's the deal with the HORRID deep cracked "leathery" texture on the grip... ugh. :confused

DSC02142.jpg

Otherwise pretty nifty. I like it.

DSC02144.jpg

Yes that's right, you need to use a screwdriver to put the batteries in your Sonic Screwdriver.

DSC02149.jpg

The toy plays two sound effects that are very similar to one another, alternating with each button press.

The amazing thing is how TINY the electronics are... three button-cell batteries and an unbelievably small circuit board.

kt-2004drivertoy_soundchip.jpg

Heh heh heh. :D

- k

yeah, the sounds sounded identical to me. What i figuired from the sound is it changes every other press, the only difference is a low pulsing sound, hold it close and you can hear it, but it has nothing to do with what position its in. And im not sure about the cracked texture, the original looks smooth to me

"What's the deal with the HORRID deep cracked "leathery" texture on the grip... ugh."

weird...mine's not as cracked looking...much more smooth...the handle is - i believe - supposed to look like old ivory....skott

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back