Studio Scale Y-Wing

<div class='quotetop'>(moffeaton @ May 26 2006, 07:05 PM) [snapback]1251232[/snapback]</div>
You'll need to get 8 per Y-wing - they come 4 per pack, so two packs.

...Ranger 3?

;)
[/b]

Thanks- I'd still like to know the exact measurement if anyone has it.

R3 is in the final casting stages now- in fact, I'm typing this with resin coating my fingers right now. I'm doing the more delicate parts now- they take longer to cure before I can demold them, so I'm waisting time in the 'puter between pours...

Mark

<div class='quotetop'>(Bradleyfett @ May 26 2006, 06:01 PM) [snapback]1251190[/snapback]</div>
1138, or anyone else,

How long are the plastruct T's supposed to be? I'm working on my own Y and I'm not sure how much to order- I'd just like to know the exact length each of the Ts gets cut. Thanks for any help on this.

Mark
[/b]

precisely 13.4" ;)

Remember that the t-bar travels all the way to where the L'eggs dome meets the Saturn V, as marked in the pic. Hope that helps.

tbar.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(1138 @ May 26 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]1251251[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Bradleyfett @ May 26 2006, 06:01 PM) [snapback]1251190[/snapback]
1138, or anyone else,

How long are the plastruct T's supposed to be? I'm working on my own Y and I'm not sure how much to order- I'd just like to know the exact length each of the Ts gets cut. Thanks for any help on this.

Mark
[/b]

precisely 13.4" ;)

Remember that the t-bar travels all the way to where the L'eggs dome meets the Saturn V, as marked in the pic. Hope that helps.

tbar.jpg

[/b][/quote]

Thanks, but could you be a little more precise? Maybe take that number out a few more digits? I mean its it REALLY 13.4, or is it more like 13.3795 ? :)

Really though- that's exactly what I need. I knew the bar went all the way up, that's why I just wanted the measurement of the whole piece. Thanks again.

Mark

<div class='quotetop'>(Bradleyfett @ May 26 2006, 07:57 PM) [snapback]1251254[/snapback]</div>
Thanks, but could you be a little more precise? Maybe take that number out a few more digits? I mean its it REALLY 13.4, or is it more like 13.3795 ? :)

Mark
[/b]

Sorry, my bad for rounding, here's the REALLY precise number: 13.4220472" :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(1138 @ May 26 2006, 08:51 PM) [snapback]1251284[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Bradleyfett @ May 26 2006, 07:57 PM) [snapback]1251254[/snapback]

Mark
[/b]

Sorry, my bad for rounding, here's the REALLY precise number: 13.4220472" :lol
[/b][/quote]

That's better. I'm going to send these to a laser cutter with that measurement and then I'll be SURE to get the correct size. Bwahaahahahaha.

-M

Just an odd question about the T tracks..............but do they make the same size in brazz or another metal?

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>(JP05 @ Jun 4 2006, 07:41 AM) [snapback]1255886[/snapback]</div>
Just an odd question about the T tracks..............but do they make the same size in brazz or another metal?

Steve
[/b]

Yes, K&S makes a 1/4" brass tee. I think they may have discontinued it but I'm sure you can find it around. I got mine from specialshapes.com

Now THIS paint job is what the Y should look like. :thumbsup :D :thumbsup

GREAT JOB.

<div class='quotetop'>(1138 @ Mar 13 2006, 07:31 PM) [snapback]1205226[/snapback]</div>
At long last I am nearly finished with my Y-Wing project. Yeah-frickin-hoo. :lol :lol :lol

Still a bit of finalizing on the paint job but I wanted to share some pics... hope you all likey...

Dan

yfrontstar_1.jpg

ysidestar_1.jpg

yrearlit_1.jpg

Thanks Wackychimp..
[/b]

so, i dont know as much about the SS models as i do suits and props... but i know that alot of the models were made from kitbashed original models...

but how does one "scratch build" the whole thing? :confused

how did you go about making it?

you obviously have some connection to the movies, or just VAST knowledge from unbelievable ammounts of research...

so... just curious...

Wow - this is just an incredible model. Great Job.

I would love to fly one of those. The Y just looks like you could Blast some major @#$%. with it...Fun.

Hey Dan... I am building a Y myself and am going to go full out with engine as well as cockpit lights although I am still hoping I can commission someone for the paint job and weathering ;-) I am working on the lighting scheme now though and how it will also include the cockpit... I realized with all the tubing on top, it would take nothing to run some well placed wires up to the cockpit to supply some LEDs on the console.

Do your engine lights flicker, and if so, can you give us some tips on what LEDs and electronics you incorporated? I'm imagining it to be something similar to the flicker effect of the lighting kits that were done for the CC X-Wings but I don't know who's offering the electronics anymore for the flickering engines.

JV

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back