"Michael Scott is the proud owner of a Seyko timepiece"..anyone have this paper prop?

hankey01

Sr Member
I was wanting to make this document (you can see it hanging in Michael's office in The Office), for a buddy of mine to hang in his office. Of course I would use my friend's name instead..

From what I found online they mis-spelled "Seyko" as a little joke that he got a fake..and didn't know it..and still hung up the document it came with.

Just thinking it would be a fun gift for my buddy..course I better find out if he watches the Office first...

Re: "Michael Scott is the proud owner of a Seyko timepiece"..anyone have this paper p

God, please please please PM me if you get this. I need one for my office. That is brilliant!!!!!!!!

Re: "Michael Scott is the proud owner of a Seyko timepiece"..anyone have this paper p

Too bad..looks like this hasn't been made by anyone..

Jason

Bump for office fans!

Anyone have a lead on this?

Do you happen to know in what episodes it can be seen clearly? Screen caps would be a great place to start.

I think it can be seen in most episodes...behind and to the left of Michael..

Here it is..but not clear enough at all. Unfortunately I can't transfer a high def image form my satellite receiver...or I could record an episode and try.

OK...I found it in season 4 episode 6..but not high res.

You can ALMOST make it out...seems to me to say,

Certificate of Authenticity

Presented to :confused??

Michael Scott

Is the proud owner of a

Quality Seyko Timepiece????

The buddy I want to make this for has a birthday next week..I might be too late. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Jason

Last edited:

"Is the proud owner of a
Quality Seyko timepiece"

-G

OK...it says, " Certificate of Authenticity
This certifies that Michael Scott is the proud owner of a Quality Seyko timepiece"

OK!! I think I found the border!!!

Can anyone use that and make a mock up of this??

I think the wording reads:
Certificate Of Authenticity
This certifies that
Michael Scott
Is the proud pwner of a
quality Seyko timepiece

Squared off, zoomed in and not any better!
TheOfficeCertificategrab.jpg

However, I found a similar certificate border online, so:
TheOfficeCertificateprintable.jpg

I used Edwardian Script ITC for the 'Certificate' bit (seems close), French Script for the wording (too small to guess correctly) and Segoe Script for the name, but I futzed with the letter sizes to try to make it not look like a font (didn't do so good).

Note that there appears to be a line of writing along the bottom, near the frame edge. Not a clue about that!

I left off the seal - no point in adding it, as it can be made by hand from a circle of gold foil or foil paper. There could be a feathered edge on it tho.

Feel free to mess with it! :)

Coz.

Ah, I got beaten to it while working on it! ;)

Yeah, I think you got the corret border there!

C.

Thats awesome!!! THANKS!!! I might try to use my buddy's name on it too..give him the option...

I might add The Office in the small font area or something too..just so people know what it's from...man I wish we could read that part!

I do think it is a different border. If you count the centers of the pattern across the bottom of the real one I count 13..and the one you made is 12. That's why I thin kthe pic I found might be correct..BUT having a picture of a Cert and having a proper background are 2 completely different matters.

Thanks soo much!!!!

Jason

Last edited:

You can go to http://www.dundermifflininfinity.com/ and after you register you can go to Employee Profile where you can customize your desk with things using Schrute Bucks. They HAVE this certificate..and once you place it you SHOULD be able to zoom in on it and view it large!!

Mine gives me an error message..GRRR I WAS SO CLOSE!!!

Anyone else wanna try to see it up close and get a screenshot???

Edit..I think you have to be a "branch manager" to have access to it....grr. All spots are taken already. Thats ok..Coz..I am very happy with what you whipped up!

Thanks again

Last edited:

I added a bit of text to the "mystery" area.

theofficecertificateprinu2.jpg

Here is the final product. I picked up a wood frame (as per the pic posted earlier in this thread)..then watched thursdays episode and noted that it is now a black frame...so I painted it to be current. Looks better in a black frame anyways. :)

Welll dang...now mine is not as accurate as possible...

Thanks for the great pic!!!!

Jason

Great pic! Cheers!

H- Looks good framed! :) Two new flavors:

Closer text with incorrect border:
TheOfficeCertwithborderJ.jpg

And text without border (for certificate paper):
TheOfficeCertnoborderJ.jpg

Coz.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back