Anyone have a sandtrooper pauldron pattern?

FETTCLONE

I'm looking for a pattern for a sandtrooper pauldron. It appears that Anthony Forrest ("These aren't the droids we're looking for" trooper) is coming to a toy show near me this Sunday, and I think it'd be fun to get one signed. Any tips, patterns, or laid-flat reference pics would be great. Thanks for the help!

Small bump.

If no-one has anything by evening I'll just cobble something together anyhow.;) For those of you with pauldrons, is the part hanging out over the shoulder rigid, or flexible? Thanks!

Here's mine with a few measurements added. Click pic for bigger view.

The main part is reasonably rigid, the ribbed part is the same, but flexes at the ridges.

The part that wraps around, is fully flexible..

Hope that makes sense....

Cool! That definitely helps pin it down. I found some partial patterns at MEPD, and came across a few good references in the search. Now I'll have to pick up some vinyl and give it a shot.

Thanks again!:D

i posted these patterns over at the MEPD too, so here is what i have.

pauldron-tutorial4.jpg

pauldron-tutorial3.jpg

pauldron-tutorial2.jpg

pauldron-tutorial.jpg

these patterns were copied from a .pdf file tutorial i found several years back somewhere on the WWW.
this tutorial isn´t mine, so please don´t thank me but the actual unknown author! :):thumbsup

PM your e-mail adress for the full .pdf tutorial!

Thanks go out to Smiling Otter and RoCKo.:thumbsup I found parts of the above pattern at the MEPD, but now I don't have to fill in the blanks. I'll post pics as soon as I've got something to post!:lol

Thank you for posting that tutorial. I have been hunting high and low for a pattern to make a Null Arc pauldron out of:love

Seven hours later... I have proven it can be done on a whim.:lol

paul1.jpg

clean underside

paul2.jpg

No sandy pauldron is quite complete without some grime and dirt.

paul3.jpg

paul4.jpg

The pauldron body is vinyl with a styrene insert to keep the orange section stiff. I padded the black sections to make it a little more accurate, and because I wanted it a little puffier than some I've seen. The ends and tabs are leather, also sewn in firmly. The under-arm strap is going to get a quick-release buckle soon for ease of operation.

Now I just have to figure out how discreet I want the signature to be. Or just make a new one for wearing with armor. Thanks again to all who've contributed in this thread and helped out. I'll try for the autograph tomorrow!

Mission success!:D

sandy.jpg

I went to the show on Sunday and got things wrapped up in under an hour. Anthony Forrest did a little discussion panel, then folks lined up. He was surprised and pleased that I had brought a pauldron, and told me it's actually the first time anyone has had him sign one. That makes it even cooler for me.:lol

Now that I can make my own I'll never lack for a pauldron selection. I'm already plotting some custom ones. Thanks for all the help, guys.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back