I got an advance copy of DK's Ultimate Indy Guide--SPOILER PIX

Probe Droid

Master Member
Note that there are what some will consider spoilers included here, so bail out now if you're trying to remain spoiler free for Indy IV.

Received an advance copy of DK's Indiana Jones The Ultimate Guide, and it's quite nice. Very much along the same lines as the SW Ultimate, which you're familiar with. Typically, the captions contain questionable information.

There are lots of good pix, including a fair amount of CS stuff, so I'm surprised DK sent it to me. It wont please all Indy fans, but nothing will.

I shot pix of just a few pages with my old digicam. The quality is bad (my apologies, but it's not easy to hold the book open at the correct angle to prevent glare from the overhead lights and shoot the pic handheld at slow speeds with no flash).

csindytk2.jpg

csindygearvd6.jpg

Indy's desk
csindydeskto6.jpg

Mutt's switchblade
csknifeva2.jpg

The knife blade says RIALTO 2006. I found this on the web
9e04da3eebc32d61e3af592001316218.jpg

Removed auction link-Clutch
They're Italian. A found item.

If the mods think this thread is too dicey because of LFL's usual nonsense, feel free to take it down. No hard feelings.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice but from what i see, illegal to own in half of the US, i think its not even allowed to ship them thru the us postal service at all, terrible...

I love the shot of the gear hanging in the closet. Trivial as it is, I'm obsessed with wanting to see an explanation with why Indy either A.) is wearing 20-year-old clothes, or B.) is wearing 20-year-old styles.

so anyone have any sources for his desk items?

Very far right is an old twin lens reflex camera that's definitely (I think?) a found item (it's lying with the lenses facing up). Looks very cheap like an Argus or something like that.

One of the brown leather cases might also be another camera or a 2nd pair of binoculars. I have an old Agfa 120 camera that has a very similar case.

I love the shot of the gear hanging in the closet. Trivial as it is, I'm obsessed with wanting to see an explanation with why Indy either A.) is wearing 20-year-old clothes, or B.) is wearing 20-year-old styles.
Because once you are that old, do you really care about style anymore? (Sorry, had to get one last one in. :D)

So does RIALTO have an official website or what! I desperately wanna get my hands on one of those switchblades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back