Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

Hope it's ok to jump in on this, the pattern has landed at my place and i have about 95% new molds done. Hoping that i can do an adequate casting job on Neil's wonderful pattern...
mike

Can't wait for art department and button pushers to make model and prop makers obsolete...that's gonna be awesome woohoo!!! :rolleyes We could always sand the grow lines out, I suppose...oh joy!! :lol

Oh wait....that's already happening :facepalm

Cool :) Bet you can't wait for 3D printing :D

Can't wait for art department and button pushers to make model and prop makers obsolete...that's gonna be awesome woohoo!!! :rolleyes We could always sand the grow lines out, I suppose...oh joy!! :lol

Hahaha Mate if I'm reading your message correctly that is sarcasm :D But don't forget Hollywood have already been using 3D printers to print out props for the movies for years now. First Iron Man movie, the armor Tony stark was wearing was 3D printed out ;)

But sadly that is the way technology is throughout ALL industries. Their really is nothing that can be done to prevent this from happening.

If you actually enjoy getting your hands in their and crafting with real world materials then thumbs up to ya :thumbsup I'm sure 3D printing will not stop you or anyone else from making models the way you want to make them ;) At least for me it really doesn't matter how you model just as long as you enjoy doing it ;)

But back on the subject at hand, I have very much enjoyed ALL the images of the original Imperial shuttle and am getting to the point now where the exterior's completion is in sight. I'd like to do the interior as well but I don't think they had any scenes in the interior ( except for the cockpit ). Can anyone confirm this?

I do have a cross-section book here which shows an artists idea of what the interior looks like but thought I better check here before I try anything :)

GUILTY! hehe. But hey, it's all a means. The end is the same - or if it isn't up to par then you'll wear the flak for that. I have a foot in both camps and I enjoy the hell out of both approaches.

There is definitely as place for 3D printing. I'm not a complete dinosaur :D
I love it when the boring jobs get farmed out to 3D printers, and 'work experience guy' has to clean it up...that's fine. :p It's when the RP bods get given the nice props, that would've been fun to machine or fabricate that I get cheesed off....they rarely turn out cheaper in the long run and often don't look any better for it.

Anyhow, nice job Mike. Looks great so far. :thumbsup

This is a fantastic kit. I am sorry i just got blown away for a minute there. Let me introduce myself, i am Vick Mogan. I have been away for sometime time now, waw! so much have changed...since then. Glad i am back:O). By the way Richard will there be a shuttle tydirium kit available for me to purchase? Thank you my friend.

This is 'out of this world' :) amazing... can you tell me how much the kit costs? does it come with any accessories or options?

may the force be with you all!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back